Jesus christ this is fucking short. I was expecting MGS1 short, like 10 hours or so, not fucking 4 hours

Jesus christ this is fucking short. I was expecting MGS1 short, like 10 hours or so, not fucking 4 hours
Has Platinum even made a game as short as this? When I played The Wonderful 101 for the first time that was 18 hours.
Game's good as hell though

Attached: Metal_Gear_Rising-_Revengeance-title.png (1280x720, 1.19M)

>I played on easy mode

Good ass action games tend to be very short, yes

hahahahaahahahahahahah

Played Normal

TW101 was quite long for me

Also MGR is great, I'm not at all implying it's bad, it's just very very short. I think short games are fine, it may even help replayability

Now do Fox Blade no hit run, shit's fun as fuck.
You run around the level slashing shit up and then have to get not hit by the bosses to get an S.

Game was made in less than a year and it shows. Really makes me sad that we will never get a sequel that isn't rushed as hell and fleshes out all the good concepts it has.
Also what were they thinking with some Enemy placement on very hard?

played the game for the first time last month. shit was cash bros. I want more games like MGR

They were thinking fuck you.

post your mission ranking faggot

I like how the enemies in this game are so much more aggressive than other action games. I think this is the better way to do difficulty in these types of games, simpler but satisfying combat, harder enemies. MGR feels like an arcade game in its simplicity while DMC and Bayonetta feel kinda up their own ass with their combat depth while having the enemies not really be that threatening

>Has Platinum even made a game as short as this?
most of their games are "short". at least from what i've played. vanquish and madworld i remember maybe being shorter than rising but fuck if i know. i don't play with stopwatch in my hand

imo it's annoying to replay because of the basically-mandatory stealth and especially all the walking simulator parts
which is a shame because otherwise i'd like to go for S ranks

>Good ass games tend to be very short, yes
FTFY

TW101 is a bit of an outlier in terms of length, most action games are a fair bit shorter.

not true of puzzle games because it's relatively easy to make new content once you have the basic concept in place
as opposed to most games where new content requires tons of new art/animation work, etc

Normal is too easy

le epic Any Forums contrarianism

Legend of Korra

No, puzzle games that overstay their welcome are shit too.

Being contrarian in this room temperature IQ hobby means you're right.

Long puzzle games have too many rehashed puzzles, shorter puzzle games tend to stay innovative and unique. Only lore heavy games like rpgs really benefit from additional length, and even then it depends on the structure.

Fair enough

Attached: 1643825838706.jpg (1675x1596, 253.57K)

>was expecting MGS1 short,
bait, it's not a mgs game

Did you actually want this game to be any longer than what it already is?
It's painstakingly mediocre, if they extended it it would unironically become a shitfest, one if the only good things MGR does is be short and have good bosses, the whole game is average as hell.

Attached: 1565632404326.png (716x639, 477.77K)

It’s about the pacing, not the overall length.
When will you faggots realize this

>No, puzzle games that overstay their welcome are shit too.
irrelevant to what i said retard!
>Long puzzle games have too many rehashed puzzles
some do, talos principle would be a good example. but the best puzzle games are long and manage to stay fresh throughout, like zachtronics stuff or stephen's sausage roll.

It's true
I'd be less inclined to replay RE4 every year if it wasn't 15 hours, the perfect length

That's because bayonetta and DMC appeal to a different type of crowd, most combo autists and DMCfags hate MGR because it's brainlet tier simple and has 0 combo potential.

>Being contrarian in this room temperature IQ hobby means you're right.
I know that sounded really smart in your head, but it isn’t.

>haven't played NSIC or DMD

It doesn't have to be, the bar with you mouthbreathers is really low.