I miss Assassin's Creed

You know, when the series was actually about assassins and assassinations, with an alternate history that actually did tie into the modern day plot, rather than being bad historical rpgs focused on grinding

Attached: acr.jpg (1200x1714, 761.65K)

I remember the threads after AC1 discussing what all the writings in Desmond's cell meant
>next game will be set in the Aztec Empire!
>no, it'll be ancient Japan!

3 was so bad that I don't think the series ever recovered. I don't know anyone who actually finished that game.

I did
My memory sucks though, I don't remember shit except that the Washington DLC was kinda fun

Yeah, 8 hour long tutorial lol
But 3 was also the closest to a modern day AC game. Desmond ends up using the apple and a gun against waves of Abstergo soldiers.

I've platinumed every AC game except for Valhalla as of yet.
AC3 definitely felt like the lowest point in the series. The best part of the game was the dlc where you got crazy native american super powers and George Washington went full mgsv kazhuhira Miller meltdown mode since it was the same voice actor.

Attached: 1233884442773.png (1920x1080, 1.61M)

And he dies because of some sunflare or some shit?

I miss too, normies ruin everything

Ghost of Sushi destroyed any chance of a Japan AssCreed

Tbf tutorial was best part of game
After you switch to connor everything takes nosedive

The point was that we were speculating and then we just got 3 games of the same setting, retard
That was before you were born

AC went to shit the moment they killed Lucy.

Attached: ac2_kristen_bell-(1)_1024x683.jpg (1024x683, 70.03K)

I know I didn't
I was watching a streamer, his goal was to play through all the Ass Cred games
When he got to 3 he lost all will to live but managed to finish it
He was enjoying Black Flag only for the boating but got so meh with the everything else that he's not played it in weeks

The opening with Haytham was so good, if only they when with Haytham instead of Connor

You can't pretend AC isn't for newfags kek

Attached: 344453.jpg (389x353, 28.12K)

stopped playing AC3 at 88% completion, just couldn't do it anymore
the real problem isn't even the story/plot/characters, the issue was the gameplay
you run at something and the character you control just automatically climbs shit, like complete auto pilot, its like they took the gameplay of a walking simulator but somehow managed to infuse that into AC
climbing, even in AC revelations was part puzzle, part adventure, idk but AC3 just felt so fucking stupid, you weren't playing, you were watching

Meh, everything is affected by casualization. Its all about making money in the end, with people who never had passion to begin with.
Those that did have passion for it are gradually thinned out and fired.

Imagine if this got to be full game and a more fleshed out overworld map. It felt like we should have gotten more missions and the North Atlantic felt restrictive given it was so small ships had specific spawn points.

Attached: Diesel_productv2_assassins-creed-rogue_home_ACRG_Store_Landscape_2580x1450-2580x1450-e15109bbf6511d3cdf944a1e7ba9d007c0883035.jpg (2580x1450, 417.07K)

They killed him off in the worst way possible and introduced a villain that after three games is killed in a comic book within two panels.

Attached: 1643887675018.jpg (1080x1588, 535.88K)

it was the time when brown people started appearing in games and everything went to shit

Fuck you got shit taste. Holy shit.