What am I in for?

What am I in for?

Attached: aGBV3NQfHbGJW8R33BWbAX9oHLCY4SZjYipRLLNhXGs_350x200_3x-0.jpg (1050x1476, 270.34K)

Soulful slav jank with fantastic atmosphere.

>clear sky

Attached: 1270540020617.png (371x480, 247.98K)

cool games with a lot of jank that somehow makes it even more charming.

Games that are scarier than many "true" horror games released in past few years.
They look prettier than some much later released multiplat titles.
They make games like Far Cry 3-6 feel like horribly dumbed down, handholding kiddie games.
They are fairly realistic, but not simulator-level. There's real bullet physics and stuff like bleeding and hunger, and one shot to the head can kill anyone.

They are VERY long lasting games. One playthrough in vanilla can last well over 25 hours at calm pace, but I've spent a good two WEEKS in all three of them on my first playthroughs. And later a lot more with numerous mods.
They're not perfect games and have their few issues, but in the end they are like "rough diamonds": totally worth investing time and effort in. They are just not afraid to kick you in the groin and call you a bitch - which is quite rare in the modern games.

If it's your first time playing,
consult this Starting Guide. Play in release order, and as "vanilla" as possible first. The patched games are all you need.
Leave big overhaul-mods for later playthroughs so you learn the basics and realize what mods even do. If you want some extra fixes and QOL improvements, the "Starter Pack" mods, namely ZRP for SoC and SRP for CS, are good to have.

Rest is up to you. Don't rambo and don't try to rush through the plot.
Start is usually very challenging, like baptism of fire rite, where you are equipped like a hobo and everything out there is out to kill you. The further you crawl, the better things get.

Attached: stalker guide v1,42.png (1536x1250, 1.1M)

I still don't understand the whole Master difficulty shenanigans, was it just misinformation the whole time or superstition?

You're in for a roadside picnic.

>Games that are scarier than many "true" horror games released in past few years.
They look prettier than some much later released multiplat titles.
They make games like Far Cry 3-6 feel like horribly dumbed down, handholding kiddie games.
Neck yourself, dolboeb.
>minimap
>quest log
>quest markers
>linear as fuck Soc and CS
>muh handholding
Kek

You want to play on master difficulty because otherwise the NPC's are damage sponges. On master difficulty you can pretty much oneshot every human enemy. Downside to that is that some mutants are way more tougher.

Oh also don't forget that you get crazy accuracy bonus if you max crouch, god I fucking hated that. Especially when you're in the grass.

Genuinely retarded
Difficulty affects only enemy damage, loot in dead bodies and artifact spawn rate. You don't deal more damage on master RETARD

It's a myth

This is a retarded myth. You should play on Master because the game was clearly designed around it, but the idea that lower difficulties make NPCs damage sponges is nonsense.

shoc is good and you should play it vanilla once, cs is trash and cop's story doesn't add anything to the game, just start playing mods after you finish shoc

>t. has not played a single modern AAA open-world game in the past 13 years

>don't forget that you get crazy accuracy bonus if you max crouch
Is this a "new" mechanics to zoomies nowadays or something?
Of course you get better accuracy if you crouch, even better when prone (or in this case "low crouch")

You can literally one tap people with makarov from hundreds of meters on double crouch while it's barely possible to headshot them from 15 meters if you're full standing

yeah I just checked it out, my bad. Never played on anything other than master and the reason why was that everyone repeated that myth. Perhaps thanks to this misconception it did good for the playerbase as everyone played on the intended difficulty.

Gonna be honest with you, I loved that game and it was the first game I played through on highest difficulty when I was 12. It's been such a long time. It's a shame how fucking terrible Stalker 2 looks on these new trailers, especially after you play games like Tarkov.

>soc
atmosphere out the ass on top of an okay-ish survival rpg shooter.
>cs
cash grab made out of soc cut content, complete shit, enjoy shitty ballistics and eating grenades.
>cop
much more polished than soc but lacking in the SOUL department.

I am at this point convinced that anyone who propagates this myth is either trolling or never played the game.
t. Dude that completed all 3 games on Master and couldn't kill people in SoC with Gauss Rifle bodyshots.

fun.
always pick the highest difficulty.
if you're going to play soc first, remember to grab the hidden armor in the attic of one of the houses. then equip knife and shank the entire military outpost, one by one. store everything you loot in one of the bodies, then drag the body to sidorovich's bunker and sell everything. keep one rifle and some ammo for yourself and you're set for the entire game.
if you're starting with clear sky, just finish the swamps as fast as possible and, once you reach the village, do the exact same thing. mind the machine gun.
repeat if necessary. subsequent runs are much easier since you have rifle.

Attached: 1567579863071.jpg (437x458, 70.93K)

>misery
>an okay fps
>the best open world fps in existence
in order of your image

I liked the sidequests in CoP, felt like some action RPG or something

>You can literally one tap people with makarov from hundreds of meters
lol nope. You seldom even see past a couple hundred meters, and most pistols are useless past ~50 meters in general thanks to the bullet physics.
Not that any of that matters, as you really should not be using some Mak after raiding the Car Park.