What do you think of the indie horror genre?

What do you think of the indie horror genre?

Attached: download.png (994x790, 26.03K)

Mortis

only faith is good
everything else is shit
i'm looking at you, puppetcombo

M O R T I S

I love the feeling of dread throughout the game.

Attached: Abandon all hope ye who enter.png (649x597, 189.14K)

You made me check to see if the game was released already and it wasn't

Are there other games like Faith?

Not that I'm aware of.

Attached: demon.png (851x708, 309.24K)

what the hell is taking the final chapter so long ahhhhhhhhhhh

Demons.

it's doing alright but too many peoples jumped on the PSX-graphics train, shit is getting embarrassing.

It has not been approved by the Vatican yet.

Delayed after the tifa incident

I do still enjoy this somewhat (pic was a good time for example), but the indie scene is starting to become a bit too enamored with basically recreating the older RE games and Silent Hill. Would like to see some indie devs try and do something more unique or at least create some significantly differing scenarios if the gameplay is just going to be indie RE/SH.

At least its better than the jumpscare-fests of years prior, but I'm already getting a bit tired of indie horror games "evoking the spirit of the classics".

Attached: ts.jpg (616x353, 79.72K)

They all make the same two things.

>Silent Hill wannabe where you walk around and nothing happens
>Jump scare game where one monster runs at you and gets RIGHT IN YOUR FACE AND SCREAMS AHHH

There's the occasional others that can be good, but the market is mostly saturated with cheap, popcorn games.

I like the rare good ones that test someone's faith.

Attached: in the mouth of darkness.png (854x709, 358.46K)

I think there's on over reliance on turning every game into streamer bait. a lot of what said but also the third kind where everything is le cryptic and twisted and has hyper-realistic eyes

What is your idea for a good indie horror game frens?

Only zoomers play them. Grown men aren't afraid of things.

You are afraid.

Attached: download.gif (1000x833, 1.05M)

A friend bought me this game as a joke and it had to be the most derivative piece of shit I've played in a while, and I was shocked to find out there's a Game Theory video based on it with a couple million views when everything about the story is literally spelled out in the game. There is almost no subtly and buildup and said story is conveyed entirely through lore exposition dumps being played after minigames, Almost every "scare" is derivative of Youtube analog horror drivel like The Walten Files (which this game almost copies directly, which is funny because those videos are already copying FNAF)

I understand that this game probably isn't as big as I assume it is, but if the bar is this low there is literally nothing stopping any of you from making a successful game

Attached: ne3tan.png (350x278, 218.75K)

MORTIS