It's time to discuss the greatest FPS ever made

It's time to discuss the greatest FPS ever made

Attached: Hexen.png (1920x1080, 1.09M)

Hexen?

Beyond Heretic.

Attached: 1518054183003.png (1200x900, 137.99K)

can this series get the DOOM2016 treatment already? god damn thats all i want

Microsoft will probably send Raven or their ips to id to do something with it. Phil Spencer specifically mentioned Hexen in an interview.

Attached: 1614160652706.png (768x512, 86.11K)

I played 30 mins of this game at a friends house and never thought of it again. I did enjoy what i played, but other games coming out around that time peaked my interest.

Turok 2 is still best FPS on the N64

You should give it another go, on PC this time.

Attached: 245789.webm (640x480, 763.49K)

I played Hexen 1 and absolutely loved it but I just don't enjoy Hexen 2 all that much and had to force myself to finish it. I still can't really put into words as to why I don't like Hexen 2 because on paper it solves a lot of the problems I had with the first game ( reintroduced tome of power, introduced actual puzzles etc. ) but I still just don't like it as much as Hexen 1.

>metadoom
>no metahexen

F.E.A.R. thread then?

Attached: F.E.A.R. wallpaper.jpg (1600x1200, 263.91K)

>Not being content with the amount of free mods available
When did fans of the most fan supported classics became so consoomerish?

hopefully never because zoom sucks

>loved FEAR
>did not like FEAR 2
and i still dont know why

I'm the same way. 2 feels too derivative of Hexen 1 but worse. A lot of the weapons are worse versions of 1's. For instance, the Paladin is almost 1-for-1 with the Fighter but none of his weapons feel as good as the Fighter's. The world just isn't as interesting as the original. It lacks atmosphere and creativity; the world of Cronos was completely made up for the game whereas Thyrion is filled with real world locations (Egypt, Rome, etc) but with a new name.

It did do some things better, as you mentioned, like actual puzzles and bringing back the Tome of Power.

Attached: 1382321919627.png (489x600, 599.92K)

>still getting filtered

nice!

Attached: ss_e9b05af34b1c0ec19bfbeb4bd8ccc9996e6f40bb.1920x1080[1].jpg (1440x1080, 1.04M)

nope, i finished it years ago

how could a shitty kid friendly console shooter like nudoom filter anyone?

Id software should release a doommaker and have the ability to make doom, ws, quake, hexen, heretic, halo, perfect dark games. Have multiple texture packs in there so people could design Thier own game.

WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN ALL THESE FUCKING YEARS?

>The world just isn't as interesting as the original. It lacks atmosphere and creativity; the world of Cronos was completely made up for the game whereas Thyrion is filled with real world locations (Egypt, Rome, etc) but with a new name.
This. Not to mention that the level design just isn't as intricate as Hexen 1's where whole areas would shift and transform because of the game's scripting and the levels themselves were smaller and more densely packed with items, monsters and points of interests as opposed to H2 where you just had huge empty areas that didn't contain anything.

I can't tell if you're 10 years old, completely uninformed, or just really bad at making bait posts.

brutal doom fans are smarter compared to most new doom fans now

Oh, and the enemies in 2 are very boring and uncreative for the most part. While not particularly interesting, the Knight Archers are well designed, visually and mechanically, and work well as a common fodder enemy throughout the game. However the rest of the bestiary is dulls hit like spiders, scorpions, (no personality) imps, and generic stone golems.

Even the more interesting enemies are ruined in some way: Skull Wizards are good but utterly ruined by their input-reading teleportation. Were-Jaguars are mobile Centaurs but actually worse. How are they worse? They're not as predictable. They don't always block when attacked so when they do, if they reflect your attack appears to be random instead of guaranteed so you often end up killing yourself with your own attack without being able to plan for it.

Attached: 1388708687420.gif (320x240, 977.56K)

Is this fucking zoomer serious

It's called doom builder zoom zoom.

Based retard

Attached: FB_IMG_1581882010194.jpg (720x1375, 85.08K)