Long time league player here and I'm sick of it. Is this worth getting into these days?

Long time league player here and I'm sick of it. Is this worth getting into these days?

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 35.89K)

I've picked Dota back up after a couple years of not playing it and I'd say the game is in a pretty good state.

Attached: 1623049428851.png (480x360, 247.9K)

It's only fun with friends

shit game for shit skins, dont bother

14k hours in Dota 2 here. It's not worth it

Dota will always have a good playerbase, even if it were still stuck as a WC3 custom map it'd still never die.
The only bad time to get in would have been base 7.00, the game's currently in a pretty good state.

Be aware that you'll probably hate the game at first if you're coming from LoL

4k hours here, it's not worth it but it's leagues better than league

brown game for brown man
cum skin need not play

same shit different color. the only good thing is the low prio q. if you are an asshole, afk etc. you will drop into it. in this q you play with the worst kind of people. don't fall into it.

Mechanics wise its more fun than LoL but you'll be playing with a similarly retarded playerbase

Yeah
For the most part all the people saying no are people who want it to be older versions
Reality right now is the game's in the best state it's been in years since most of the fluff from past updates has been annihilated
What fluff remains has been refined into something that's good
It's easily the best time to get back into it since ten years ago

>same shit different color.
So which one haven't you played, LoL or Dota?

nah, the fact that the game is mostly played by ESL, and when I say mostly I mean like, 80% of the playerbase, meaning its dog shit to play.
Trust me, you dont want shit in your food why would you want shit skin in your game.
Fucking savage, uncultured little shit, ruined this game for me.

Compared to League the game is way more aggressively monatized (tons of shit locked behind hundreds of hours/dollars of battle pass levels), games are way longer and focused on farming, and the community is somehow even worse with the introduction of ESL Peruvians. On top of that the world is way less fleshed out because they don't give a single shit about the world and the characters
Shadow Demon is the man though so I guess it's worth a shot

Attached: bffde183b4d7a8a7c5c3740532525559.jpg (2000x1264, 185.76K)

>nah, the fact that the game is mostly played by ESL
Maybe in your shitter bracket

>Compared to League the game is way more aggressively monatized
You can't be serious, Dota gives you ever hero unlocked for free from day one. The skins can be as grindy as they want, if they give me the actual functional content for free it's less aggressively monetized.
Fuck off retard

its a fact, no self-respect white man play this game anymore.
Anyway, you are esl?

(You)

esl

game is good
community is shit
valve doesn't care
comp keeps on giving

I played both. The player base of both games is retarded. Both games have things that suck ass. None of them is any better than the other.
Played: Dota Allstar 4.0 -> League (early seasons) Dota 2 -> League again.

absolutely not. the match making is worse than ever. 9/10 games are absolute stomps. the game is literally decided at matchmaking. I play gatcha now and i feel my time is more respected.

Attached: 1641289846654.png (1112x1583, 3.66M)

So, nothing that has anything to do with how the game actually plays.
Idiot

only other moba I've played is Heroes of the Storm, how is Dota 2 compared to it in terms of individual performance impact in the game? In HotS it doesn't matter if 4 people in the same team are playing incredible; the game is determined by the weakes link.

Its pretty based. People that complain about toxic communities in games are retards who don't know what a mute button is

I switched from dota (after hitting 7k mmr/playing for 8 years) to league a few months ago.
I don't think dota is worth getting into, while both games are mobas there isn't that much carry over and the game is played very differently. On top of that non EU regions are very dead, I mostly quit because high MMR games in NA are dead as fuck outside of primetime and It's not fun playing with people much lower mmr than you, 50% of which speak only Spanish. The game also has a much bigger burden of knowledge, much more so than league, with all the various neutral items, talents, aghs, aghs shards. It's really just not worth learning unless you're willing to spend 1-2 years being shit and are EU since the game isn't dead there yet.

I do think that dota is actually the better game but league is just 100x more fun to play casually, even if the league community is full of mentally frail kids.

Attached: emo5iaha8y741.png (804x964, 1.25M)

Dota isn't a moba

>he think that little mute button can force the 2 peruvian, 1 brazil monkey, 1 ruskie shit head in his team to not insta-pick hard carry 2 second into the game
lmao of all things chat is not a problem in dota, retard

Call it what you want moba/rts. Doesn't matter, we all know what the genre is, 3 lanes you pick your hero and fight. Some people call it moba some people call it rts/arts.

"moba" is a marketing term invented by riot

This kind of applies to the mid, if you have a shit mid on your team you will lose nine times out of ten. Otherwise you can overcome bad supports and carries.

And it's the term that stuck.

What the hell are you on about? Literally all gameplay components are free, unlike in league.

So?

It's the second most played game on Steam, what is this "dead" meme

100% of your games are played by ESLs because you are the ESL

>long time league player

No

Dota is just something you either started with or you didnt

Keep playing league, leaguebabby