Gameplay is all that matters on a video game

Attached: images (5).jpg (554x554, 56.61K)

fpbp

Then MGSV sucks even more.

>Kojima prioritizes story in MGS4, people get mad
>Kojima prioritizes gameplay in MGSV, people get mad
Gamers have no clue what the fuck they want.

To bad the world is empty and boring as fuck and nothing to use that good gameplay on.

Gameplay is more than just mechanics. MGSV has awful level and mission design.

I'm thinking about getting this one, it's on sale now. Never played any msg before.

catpcha: gay2j

mgs4 has the best gameplay in the series and also best story. so we won already.

but i guess kojimo was so sick of metal gear that in 5 he just told the team to make it open world and make something up for the story. while he went on vacation

Too bad MGSV gameplay is fucking shit, everything wrong with early-mid 2010s gaming summed up in a single unfinished piece of trash

Attached: 1606978506343.webm (540x960, 873.13K)

Just finished MGS3 recently and moving on the 4 and 5. What should I expect?
I loved 3's gameplay but I couldn't take the bosses seriously. I was laughing at every cutscene they appeared.
And I always see people say MGR was ridiculous, imo MGS3 was more stupid than MGR. Also they really took the piss on Raiden huh, guess he was like Nero when he first appeared in DMC4

Too bad gameplay is just about control mechanics. The controls were good, some of the best out there even, but what the fuck is the use of good controls on a shitty barren open world map.

spbp

I hope you realize OP, that TPP's only saving grace is the feel of player movement. That's it. Controlling Venom feels great, but *literally* every single other aspect of the gameplay is far, far inferior to even MGS2 or MGS3. Retards (read: normies) don't ever realize that partly because they never extensively played the old games, and partly because they play 80 hours of MGSV doing the same thing on repeat: sniping people with the tranq gun and crouch walking everywhere, that's it. No experimentation, no fucking around with the AI which would show you how TPP is unironically at "Steam Early Access" levels of colossally fucked.

>mgs4 has the best gameplay in the series and also best story

Attached: 1297793257708.jpg (475x267, 19.96K)

He cute.

Yes.

Kojima joined the hatewagon and shat on his own creation because he couldn't take the heat. By MGS4 he tried to redeem Raiden by turning him into a Gray Fox-lite and finally MGR fully redeemed him as a character by bringing back elements of his personality/quirks from MGS2.

Yes.
Fuck story

He's right on one of those

*isn't just about control mechanics

>"By MGS4 he tried to redeem Raiden by turning him into a Gray Fox-lite"
>he doesn't know
Did you somehow miss how MGS4's meta point is to shit on literally every single fucking character from an early game and fuck them up because Kojimbo was tired of Metal Gear and going through his midlife crisis? Raiden turning into a toaster wasn't an attempt to "redeem" him, it was a way to shit on him the same way Snake being old, Zero and co. being turned into the Patriots or Naomi regressing from her character arc in MGS1 were.

fpbp

MGSV has good gameplay, but it's too spread out.

It's fucking boring using my horse to get across the fucking map to blow up a convoy. Also, the wait in-between missions is super obnoxious.
So many things are automated I don't even know how most things happen, so it doesn't even feel like I'm earning anything.

Peace Walker felt way better. Small, clustered maps. Well-made too.

In MGSV the openess is game breaking. So you can always either escape or snipe people from far away. Same went with BOTW. Openness and physics breaks the game. This is why if you want a real dungeon in minecraft you need blocks that you can't break.

Attached: R (4).jpg (1920x1088, 363.13K)

The gameplay mechanics are great but the level design and mission variety is awful.
Shame we'll never ever get a game with V's gameplay framework with better levels because Konami is dead and the MGS3V project never got off the ground

Why are you so hyperbolic? There’s plenty of games that find the balance between sitting through an 8 hour movie and listening to a half finished script through tapedeck. There’s plenty of metal gear games that manage it. 4 and 5 are bad.

MGSV and mgs4 have the best gameplay. t. played all Kojimas games

lol
lmao even

Peace Walker is underrated and I wish the HD Collection came to PC, surprised Konami didn't given their money focus and it'd just be free money

Forgot peace walker, that was fine too, for first three it's mgs3>mgs>mgs2

>no argument
Cope seethe dilate

We want balance, not an extreme lean on either end.

>Raiden turning into a toaster wasn't an attempt to "redeem" him

and yet it was seen as one by the fanbase

I think people are mistaking "gameplay" with how fluid Snake's movements are. Everything is smooth and cool yes. But the actual gameplay with the lack of level design and everything is actually bad. A good example of how this game is unfinished is the few cracks you can find on rocks in some very very specific areas. Like you would think that there would be more of them or a way to make Snake climb these huge rocks with some equipements but nope.

Yes, that's kind of the point of the entire franchise after MGS2. Fans never got what Kojima wanted to do. It's why you still have retards nowadays unironically praising MGS4's narrative and thanking Kojima for it, not realizing how he's shitting on them.

MGS4 explained and resolved the mess that was MGS2's ending. That alone is worth praise

No, if anything singularly matters in a video game is player agency.

>explained and resolved

Attached: 1539740039947.jpg (1280x876, 259.07K)