Any protips to play this game?

Any protips to play this game?

Attached: EGS_BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition_Beamdog_S2_1200x1600-58e707a92074345a5c1ae8ad9aabdec1.jpg (1200x1600, 809.73K)

Mages will fuck your ass if you don't know how to counter them.
Always carry a priest with the following spells: chaotic commands to counter charms, chaos and confusion.
If you don't have that then equip weapons and helmets with that sort of protection.
If your people get charmed and your mage is not charmed you can dire charm them yourself to regain control.
Always have protection from fear on.
On your mages, always have stoneskin and mirror image on. Always have more than one haste memorized. Always have remove magic to fuck enemy buffs. Enemy mages always cast protection from weapons, globe or minor globe of invulnerability. This protects them from your dispels. You need to dispel with spell thrust, then remove magic.
Pro defense for mages: once you have level 6 spells cast your buffs and finish off with spell immunity + abjuration. This will make it so that enemies can't pierce your defenses.

bump

Korgan is best lad
Viconia is best lass
Imoen is little more than a scullery maid with a magic missile wand

Attached: 1639684560693.jpg (320x1035, 58.7K)

If your companions are arguing with each other a lot, consider swapping them out because some of them will literally just murder each other if it goes far enough.

Or install the mod that forces them to stop bitching.

Edwin is both

get dawnstar from the gates district. you will thank me later

Get a scroll of protection from undead first, cast it on yourself and then go get the dawnstar.

Also, don't invest points into pickpocket since you can stack potions of master thievery to steal all that you need. Get your thief to learn dispel ilusion. At 100% even high level mages don't stand a chance.

Edwin is a fucking beast.
Web + Cloud Kill, unless you're a skellington you're dead.

Drop Aerie, she a nice girl but kind of useless.

Install Imoen Romance Mod.
Now.

Beholder will end your party in seconds
so do mindfucker

there is a mirror shield in Waukeens market. it costs some gold but you can solo this fucker

mindfucker love to suck brain. they are helpless like little babies if they face enemies without
>open door
>summon skeletons
>close door
>watch battlereport of rape

I never finished ToB, but I remember Edwin being able to cast 5 dragonbreaths or w/e it was called. And with the Robe of Vecna he could do it instantly, since it lowered their cast time to 0. So he could just drop 100d6 points of damage in a nanosecond.

play as a kensai and dual class to mage

don't forget about protection from negative energy
the game has a lot of vampires with level drain effects

go for the eyes

Cavaliers seemed pretty busted going from memory since they're immune to fear and I believe they can resist level drain from vampires. Don't completely buy into the dual warhammer build. It's powerful yeah, but a good chunk of enemies either are immune to blunt or the weapons aren't considered magical so they won't do shit.

Get gear that gives you protection from spells.

Remove magic is a must against enemy mages since they love to apply protection and buffs to their party members, not to mention most enemies are wizards.

Don't rely on just a mage with fire and acid spells to fight trolls. Get some arrows or equipment that have the effect, otherwise you're going to be resting after every encounter and you might get ambushed and wipe anyways.

Install the tweaks mod that lets party members ignore reputation. Being forced into a full good or full evil party is doesn't really have enough RP/lore payoff to justify having to ignore some of the best and most interesting characters

Play as a solo mc and overlevel anything to dead
Do a dualclass figther/elf for even higher tier bs op builds

Don't cheat

Play the first one. It's better and it will get you involved in the story and characters.

about to start the game first time ever!
wish me luck that i don't too overwhelmed by classes and get bored!

Attached: bg2.png (962x630, 887.84K)

Have you played the first one? The second does catch you up plot wise, but it might be worth playing to start slow and build up.

Get Cloak of Mirroring and beholders won't be able to touch you