Nintendo in 2022

>Nintendo in 2022
>endless sequels
>zero (0) new IPs
I think I figured already why the Switch so far has been so boring to me.

Attached: nintendo-in-2022.jpg (1400x787, 122.43K)

Kirby and the Forgotten Land isn't a sequel to anything. Thats like calling Captain Toad a sequel to Mario Odyssey.

Given the new IPs Nintendo has delivered since about the end of the 6th Gen, i'd much rather have them stick to sequels than make new IPs.
Better a BOTW2 or a Kirby than ARMS, Ring Fit or 1-2 Switch

At least you have illiteracy

Two of the three series in your pic are branching out into different approaches for the first time in ages.
Which is better, an old series trying something new, or new characters doing the same sort of game as an existing one?

fuck off nigger arms astral chain and ring fit were good

Captain Toad is literally a prequel to 3D World

It's literally February 2nd

English isn't my first language.

Nintendo IPs are rarely successful. The only real win they had in a long time was Splatoon.

at least the new kirby is 3d for once

Okay.

When was the last new IP by Sony or Microsoft?

Ring Fit was ace

>new characters doing the same sort of game as an existing one?
You know it literally does not need to be like that, right? But anyway the second.
>Captain Toad a sequel to Mario Odyssey
Except Kirby retains core mechanics of the series just this time in 3D, more open courses.
They haven't announced anything either. And I don't think they will, year is already packed.
>i'd much rather have them stick to sequels than make new IPs
Wouldn't you rather have them making BETTER new IPs?

The Switch is an uninspired casual platform that mixes poor performance with shit/casual gameplay. I promise the Switch will be forgotten faster than the Wii with how shit its library has been.

I think to this day, Oddysey is the only interesting game that I really enjoyed, Metroid was too indie like but fun. Everything else has had shit gameplay and caters to children too much.

Its a console for people who want casual gameplay for sure.

>>Captain Toad a sequel to Mario Odyssey
>Except Kirby retains core mechanics of the series just this time in 3D, more open courses.
for

Ghost of tsushima and Grounded. Both were better than 99% of Switch games.

Ring Fit Adventure outsold FF7R
based fit bros

Returnal, at least for Sony, which releases last year.
I don't know why you bring them though, my thread is about Nintendo. If you want to console war please go back.

I feel the same user, so far they released ARMS, Shushi Striker, Ring Fit Adventure and Astral Chain, but that's it.

>ghost of ubisoft and literally who: the game
the absolute state of snoys

Didn't know Ghost was a sony made game.
Grounded looks like it'd be hot shit so good to hear it's solid.

Because new IPs are rarely developed so it's important to look at comparable studios.

But yeah I really don't know what genre Nintendo doesn't already cover with some game or Franchise.
Do we need more platforming mascots?

>You know it literally does not need to be like that, right?
Sure, but pulling corporations toward a completely new idea is even harder. I used that dichotomy just because those are the two most likely venues for 'something new' outside of indies these days.

Sony bought returnal they didn't develop it

They funded and published it.

>Do we need more platforming mascots?
No, but we can get some good FPS, more ARPGs aside from Xeno, another 3D platformer that isn't Mario. Just because they already cover that exact genre doesn't mean they can't have another take on new concepts and ideas in these.