My 600lb life presents: emulator shenanigans

Why is the emulator/development community so autistic? Help me understand:

Byuu(the dead dev from a year ago:
> Trans, furry, went to japan without knowing japanese, spent his teen years inside programming an emulator.
> Allegedly driven to suicide by kiwifarms with no proof
> Now allegedly driven to suicide by a guy on twitter who needs to change the definition of abuse mid thread to make it so that it looks like suicide
> We dont even know if he is even dead, but it would not surprise me considering what he is(see: first green arrow)

Duckstation:
>Release code under GPL which allows commerical use
>Sperg out when its actually used commercially
>Closes repo and makes it read only(not that it really matters)

MAME Dev:
>Complains Retroarch devs use the money for their own needs(which is fine btw since its their money you fucking commie)
>Spergs out that retroarch is shit and libretro cores are shit(which is accurate but still fine for normal use)

Reddit:
> as always retarded and believes the retards that made these posts because again reddit is retarded.

I would ask why these people cant just be normal but they are obviously either salty or autistic.

Attached: intro-video-game-emulators.jpg (1200x750, 176.59K)

Byuu likely didn't die. Japan releases info on how many foreign people die and how. Guess how many suicides happened at the time Byuu supposedly "died"? 0. Also you forgot to mention that one of the reasons Kiwi Farms didn't delete the info is because Byuu tried to pay them off and their lawyer advised them that it could be seen as extortion which means that even if the suicide was real it would 100% not be Kiwi Farm's fault.

oh yeah that retarded crap.

Personally I try to make sure all the people I work with in projects online are mentally well.

not to mention that the stuff Byuu wanted deleted really wasn't even that bad. Nothing illegal, just that they did furry and loli/shota shit in the past.

again no proof that he died but would it really surprise anyone that this dude was mentally ill enough to do it?

>why people who do extremely autistic work (recreating and analyzing already existing hardware but without any documentation) are autistic
I don't know user.

there's more proof that they haven't died than have. I very much doubt Japan would make a clerical error on a document they basically make to make sure the US isn't upset at them.

>Complains Retroarch devs use the money for their own needs(which is fine btw since its their money you fucking commie)
Is that donation money? It's probably given to help support the project so if they just pocketed the money and fucked off to Bahamas or whatever that's not cool to everyone who donated to see the project evolve

Not cool but still their money.
And the complain is not that they went to the Bahamas, the complaint is that they spend the money on themselves and not funding other emulators. Not smart(in my opinion) however obviously the Mame dev just wants a piece of the pie.

Honestly, I think the mere act of trying to engage and contribute on online communities to a certain degree, is already a sign of autism.
The vast, VAST majority of people who play any given game doesn't know community figures, barely ever uses a wiki, and sticks to discords with their IRL friends. They're invisible to us and you really only meet them if you add randos in the games you're on (which is what I did and how I became aware of the general population's obliviousness).
This has extended to a work capacity. I'm a programmer, and I swear, the people I studied with were all your typical web forum runt, but the ones I work with, for the most part, have a relatively low power level. They would never finish work and go home only to program more and contribute to some github project. They would never spend hours on an emulator's discord channel. They, in no short change, have a freaking life. They aren't autistic enough for even the entry level of this stuff.

Who cares about emulator drama? Are you a woman OP?

Attached: icouldntmakesenseofit57b7f31183b11.jpg (422x422, 38.08K)

Turns out you have to be extremely autistic to dedicate hundred of hours of your life to recreate all the intricacies and perfect cycle inaccuracies of decade+ old video game consoles.
Who knew?

I don't mind if emu devs make money of their projects, but RA have said that they don't make money and making money off it is bad or something in the past. If they are getting money now, they are hypocrites.

>>Spergs out that retroarch is shit and libretro cores are shit(which is accurate but still fine for normal use)
Honestly, the devs that complain about Retroarch never give good reasons why. They just sound salty because someone else is doing a better job than them, or adding new and/or improved functionality that the original emulator didn't have.

> Dev: I never gave you permission to use my code in your frontend!
> RA: but it's open source gpl code
> Dev: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

People who work on major projects without pay tend to have something mentally wrong with them. Normal people would just sell those skills to a company and make shitty software for toasters and rake in the cash while doing something slightly autistic with their free time like buying the consoles and trying to collect a full set or something stupid. Only the real spergs work on emulators, because it's a meaningless thankless job that will eventually be done by someone else anyway, and they'll probably do it better than you and invalidate your "achievements". Nobody could name a guy behind Project 64, or ePSXe, or SNES9X.

The normie chases money the autist chase fulfillment

He is dead and I have proof.

>looking into the dev + community for ANY video game related software

user, trust me on this. Never do that again, your life will be infinitely better.

Attached: 1643560359535.png (550x459, 274.7K)

Byuu is not dead lol. There is zero (0) evidence. Let's see the body or a death certificate.

>"Personally I try to make sure all the people I work with in projects online are mentally well."
Same, they're surprisingly hard to find though, which is quite a pain.

It's donation money. It's a thank you for their work, there's no obligation for them to put all of it into development.

I just want to nuke reddit. Can't someone just... Go and smash the servers up with a hammer or an MG42