2060 or 3050?

gpu-monkey.com/en/compare_gpu-asus_dual_geforce_rtx_2060_evo-vs-asus_dual_geforce_rtx_3050_oc_edition_8gb

$100 diff

Attached: slide1_mid.jpg (700x394, 17.4K)

Implying you can actually get one. I'm waiting until the 40 series anyways theres no point in buying a marginal upgrade to a 2060 now

BASED. See you in 2026 when Microsoft announces Windows 12, GRRM dies from Covid Sigma variant and doesn't finish the books, and RTX cards now cost $22,000.

they're both in stock where I am
I would wait for 40 or 50 series, but that's ages away, they might cost a fortune when they come out and supply chains will still be wonky til 2024/2025

my 950 has served me well for 5 years, but playing elden ring on it won't be fun, and I need a new card for vr/rendering work anyway

the 3050 is actually lower performance than the 2060, but it has slightly better DLSS support, has AV1 decoding (important for what I need), has 2gb more ram and uses less electricity so it'll save me money longterm

think I just answered my own question

The 40 series is not ages away? It'll likely release in November. It will likely also shit on the 30 series because iirc they'll be built on TSMC nodes.

>i dont need a gpu

Attached: 1634406688011.jpg (601x508, 93.75K)

so I'll wait til nov to play elden ring and all the other games that my gfx card has struggled to play over the last few years?
assuming 50 series will have stock
assuming they won't cost x8
assuming there's any/many games designed to take advantage of a 40 series card

the 50 series will perfect the 40 series architecture anyway, so I'd rather get that when ddr5 ram becomes standard and affordable and cpus are onto 2nm dies

2060 or 3050 is just a stop gap card for now, just to get through the next few years without breaking the wallet

They will also cost a quadrillion dollars too

It's possible it won't be that bad if crypto stays in the shitter, but kind of looks like it's already recovering so

Attached: 1596066899765.jpg (600x521, 81.58K)

I lucked out by trading a friend my 2070 + cash for his 3080, hopium for gamers is improved DLSS and resize bar for newer low budget cards or Intel cards

That whole 3d shit is going to affect both gpus and cpus, it's better to just save up the money and prepare for a complete overhaul.

Kill scalpers and miners is the real answer

Is there even a point these days?
Doesn't a top tier GPU mine like 3-4$ each month and it'll take years just to make up for the losses?
I feel like these days it's really just an issue with scalpers.

oh it's daily nevermind

What is the point? there is no games, Elden Ring was the only thing i was looking forward too but now it has chink spyware EAC and only online with RCE exploit unpatched.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1141x490, 233.77K)

Cheapest way to buy a new GPU is to buy a prebuilt.

>Work at popular retail store
> Friends are all PC users and need new GPUS
>When we get a return I buy them to help my fellow bros get an upgrade
>Always have mining faggots and scalpers seething.

Have a high end guy at my job who (luckily isn't my store) buy every gpu he can get a hold of and mines, fucking sucks.

You end up paying around the same, might as well just buy all the parts you want unless you wanna be lazy and not put together lego.

>there is no games
So you are telling me you already played every single PC game in existence?