Why has PlayStation outsold XBOX in every single generation?

It can't be through lack of Microsoft trying. They consistently aquire larger and more expensive studios than Sony.

Even the PS3 with it's extremely high price tag and security issues outsold the XBOX 360 which, let's be honest, is the best Microsoft console ever.

Attached: MaddyMaye.jpg (1438x1801, 1.86M)

Also, do you think this could change with the current generation?

> PS5
> XSX

Japanese support

No. This is the IGN poll from 4 days ago.

Attached: 8fj3nt6f8w1mdyc6g8y5mndhs.jpg (1200x848, 162.97K)

____ __ ___

that Nike product placement

They're a bit of souless mega corp. Everything is done in terms of monetary value. They just sit and throw spagetti at the wall until something sticks and then attempt to milk it for all it's worth.

>Why has PlayStation outsold XBOX in every single generation?
>They consistently aquire larger and more expensive studios than Sony.
this is such an infantile understanding of how any of this works

I'd have got an Xbox Series X, but my PC can play all their games. Hell, my PC can play more next-gen Microsoft games than Xbox with them releasing shit like Age of Empires 4, etc.

Attached: 1639588118479.png (925x1056, 938.02K)

Japan is a comparatively tiny audience. How would this be an advantage?

But why do consumers prefer Sony's machine? On paper the Series X is (marginally) superior.

They only started acquiring studios 4 years ago

Guess I should have been more specific. Japanese dev support.

The ps3 outsouls the z360 after x360 discontinued manufacturing it consoles while Sony ran fire sales. The x360 outsold the ps3 every single month, the wii was leagues of ahead of it while the ps3 struggled until 2011/12.

Is it not the purpose of every company to make increase profits? Also, how would this persuade consumers to buy your console? Microsoft is a much larger corporation.

"Comparatively"

It's still a entire nation that prefers Sony to Microsoft, regardless of specs. If you remove Sony from another country and leave only Microsoft there numbers would be massively different

Yikes look at that face.

Enlighten me.

SEEX SE-SEX

Brand and kinda negative one on microsoft.

Could you argue that owning XBOX hardware is redundant due to software availability?

I bet most sales are actually just 3rd worlders who buy them packaged with FIFA.

the only reason the 360 even got close to PS3 sales was because from 2005-2009 you had to buy a new 360 every 6 months since they were massive pieces of horseshit

The brand design is simply more appealing imo and Microsoft is literally Globohomo: the company.

PlayStation has first mover advantage in nigger world and it snowballed through nigger generations

>teen tits

Attached: pikatears.png (242x288, 106.67K)

Yes. If Playstation did the same thing, I wouldn't get the Playstation 5. Though the controller is the best I've ever used. I worry it'll get drift or something.

Yeah sure it is but enertianment has to have a bit of passion. That seems to get lost a bit on them. They could have done lots of cool shit with their budgets, look at people like Valve with Steam, always striving to make the gaming world better, Microsoft always seem to be doing the reverse.

Playstation outsold every Nintendo console too lol.
This.

sexsexsexsexsex

Playstation is just a better brand. More global appeal since it has studios and games from America, Europe, and Japan. With Xbox just now buying up some Euro devs and having no Jap support. Plus overall Microsoft has always had shit tier branding across all departments, and that goes doubly so for Xbox
>Xbox
>Xbox 360
>Xbox One
>Xbox Series S/X
I mean, if you aren't an American Microsoft lover keeping up with news what the fuck does any of that mean? VS:
>PS1
>PS2
>PS3
>PS4
>PS5

We're a year plus into this generation of consoles and Microsoft has yet to release a single game exclusive to this gen.

This. Microsoft is a mom & pop underdog startup which is why they come in last every time.

I can't tell if you're talking about sony or ms.

Microsoft can't let go of anything and they can't foster any growth with their IPs or devs. When Bungie left after doing 4+ Halo games, they couldn't let Halo die. They had to make a new studio that took 10+ years just to shit out one half decent Halo. They've never let Gears die even though its creator studio left and each game keeps going downhill. But they have nothing else.

Meanwhile Sony just does new shit ever gen. Start with Crash at Naughty Dog? How about some Jak? Some Uncharted? Some Last of Us? Don't like Gurilla's Killzone games? Try some Horizon! etc

>Xbox
>Xbox 360
>Xbox 360 S
>Xbox 360 Elite
>Xbox One
>Xbox One S
>Xbox One S (No Disk-Drive)
>Xbox One X
>Xbox Series X
>Xbox Series S (No Disk-Drive)