Is he better as a comedy villain or a serious villain?

Is he better as a comedy villain or a serious villain?

Attached: B3C03330-F31C-4D27-8278-3B2C4181BC9C.jpg (1200x672, 380.37K)

I think a blend of both in equal balance. I Don't want a cartoony over the top Saturday morning. But I also don't want a stone-cold serious methodical villain.

It's pretty autistic to have him completely serious but I fucking hate him being a joke.

I think he should be both.

Comically over-the-top and grandiose when he's by himself or broadcasting but serious whenever he's personally encountering Sonic or somebody.

Have him be comedic at first but as he keeps losing have him get more and more serious.

"You fool. Away! Before I make mincemeat out of you!"

Attached: 1585952879307.png (500x267, 203.4K)

comedy I guess, because that's also the reason he can work as a "serious" villain. like being raped by a clown or something.

Just enough of both. It's virtually impossible to take him fully seriously, but from the original premise, his schemes are surprisingly dark.

The idea of shoving animals into robots is pretty fucked in enough it self

He's such a good villain, he works as both. Boom incarnation is entertaining, comic versions are entertaining.

That's the beauty, he can do both. But you need a writer willing and able to write him that way.

comedic with a sprinkle of serious only now and than. Nothing is more cringe than when the comics make him too serious

Have him be an extremely powerful goofball
Pretty much have him be like Aku from Samurai Jack, he's an absolute threat to everyone except the protagonist

He constantly is fucking the world up and only Sonic can stop him

Attached: aku.png (602x339, 129.38K)

>Boom incarnation is entertaining
Boom was fun watching be anything the episode needed him to be. He could be the villain, asshole neighbor/friend, protagonist, and it all worked out.

>this is cringe

Attached: 88434E30-8237-4C1D-9D2A-5C23ACEF9F57.png (750x669, 814.51K)

I wish we could get more games where you play as him.

both

Attached: scrambled sonic universe.png (1040x1600, 2.88M)

Serious but so bombastic that its funny like in SA1

I agree with this. Leave him some comic relief, but give magnitude to the shit he does

He should be more like The Joker.

>in enough it self
in and of itself

The thing about making Eggman a serious threat is that you then have to come up with a justification for why Sonic doesn't just kill him.

Because Sonic is a little bitch.

Attached: no_01.webm (840x464, 1.75M)

Say what you will but let's not pretend Sonic is above murking a dude if he's a big enough threat.

Attached: erazed.png (1365x767, 808.42K)