Year you got into souls

>Year you got into souls
>First souls game you played
>First souls game you finished
>Favorite souls game

For me:
>2014
>Dark Souls 2
>Bloodborne (Dark Souls 2 originally filtered me because I sucked at vidya back then and also used mouse and keyboard to play it)
>Bloodborne (Though DS2 is my favorite dark souls game)

Attached: sotfs.jpg (616x353, 66.81K)

>Though DS2 is my favorite dark souls game
die

>2010 (brother had demon souls and said it sucked which it kinda did)
>dark souls
>dark souls
beat 2 on release and thought it was pretty good, then tried replaying it as sotfs and it fucking blew
also 3 is just 1 but less fun, every environment is too harrowing and dingy it has to feel satisfying sometimes or it all falls apart, no environment has good contrast metaphorically and physically so it all just congeals into a brown mess

>2019
>DS1
>DS1
>DS1

>2012
>Dark Souls
>Dark Souls
>Bloodborne

>2009
>Demon's
>Demon's
>Bloodborne

>2009
>Demon's Souls
>Demon's Souls
>Dark Souls (by principle; Technically have most hours on Bloodborne tho)

Attached: 1400619836320.jpg (1280x626, 769.19K)

>2015
>DS1 PtdE
>DS1 PtdE (100% on Steam before buying next one)
>DS2 SotFS

>literally same
Absolute soulbro; would co-op with

>2009
>Demon's Souls
>Demon's Souls
>Bloodborne

>2013
>Dark Souls PTDE
>Dark Souls PTDE
>Dark Souls PTDE.

I recognize that Dark Souls is a flawed game but it's my favorite due to it's world design and interconnected levels. Their objectively best game would have to be either Bloodborne or Sekiro, leaning towards Sekiro atm since it's been some time since I played BB.
Dark Souls 2 and 3 dropped the ball and I don't care much for them even though I really enjoyed 3 when it first released.

Attached: 213423.png (800x817, 348.79K)

>Year you got into souls
I played Dark Souls (X360) when it came out. The problem is, I could not adapt to the gameplay. I dropped it and picked the series waaay late. In 2018. So I guess that's the year when I ghot into Souls games.
Already said. Dark Souls.
Bloodborne (in 2018.)
>Favorite souls game
Dark Souls 2 SOTFS

All of them are flawed. The point is not to be one of those Any Forums Dark Souls 2 ape that makes 100 threads a day to shit on the other games in franchise.
BB is my favorite, but Dark Souls 1 had some ingenious decisions that have inexplicably never returned, like letting you do everything at a bonfire, and not permitting teleport until much later in the game.

>2009
>Demons
>Demons
>Dark Souls
I like exploring the world and dark souls 1 did it best. Games after improved on the feel and combat but I have always thought combat in souls games wasn’t that good.

Hello Kings. You droppped this.

Attached: ce1.jpg (200x360, 13.68K)

>>Year you got into souls
>>First souls game you played
Dark Souls 1
>>First souls game you finished
Dark Souls 1
>>Favorite souls game
Dark Souls 1 probably tried with 3 these days

Elden Ring will be the first Souls game that I'm getting on day 1, looking forward to playing a game that isn't already solved

i got into it in 2009 when demon souls came out you fake secondary souls fans. you make me sick.

If you didn’t import Demon’s Souls at the jap release you are secondary

If you weren't a developer on King's field kill yourself pigfuck

>2022
>bloodborne
>bloodborne
>bloodborne

Loved BB and DS1. Skipping 2 for now and playing DS3. Not enjoying DS3 a ton so far, hoping it gets better later.

>2014
>dark souls 1, played 2 afterwards
>dark souls 1
(bloodborne is the only game I didn't beat first try, got burnt out after killing rom before doing other stuff and felt like I missed out)
>probably dark souls 1, but replaying the trilogy right now and looking forward to playing 3 again
(have slightly more hours in 1 than 3, played sotfs the most until 3 came out and haven't played it since)

I have the mini-guide that came with Demons Souls ps3 and holy fucking shit, its the most soulful thing to come out of the souls series, no pun intended. Book is god tier and should be showcased with the intention to bring manuals back.

Attached: 1263406945926.jpg (800x778, 183.26K)

>2015
>Demons Souls
>Demons Souls
>Sekiro
Just started DS2, it’s the only one I haven’t played and beaten. Don’t know if I’ll keep up with it frankly.

DS3 has some great bosses but the game and level design certainly feels uninspired. It's very much like a simply worse DS1
DS2 is good in its own ways but is very far removed from all from games they've made since they started with DeS, it misses the point more than DS3 does

If you didn’t found fromsoftware in 1986 you need to kill yourself. NOW.

>giving up on the best one
ngmi.

DS3 gets great by the end for a number of reasons, but will always just be the flashy cousin of DaS, Its a fun game and its my most played souls games (after bloodborne on ps4 if you count that) but it will never be seen as influential like DaS was. I hope ER builds of DeS/DaS moreso than BB/DS3, but I am more hyped than anything since 2011 either way.

> 2018
> Dark Souls 3
> Dark Souls 3
> Dark Souls 3

Sekiro is way better than any of them. DS2 is good but it’s not grabbing me like the others did. Honestly wasn’t crazy about Bloodborne or DS3 either - I don’t know why I finished those, I liked them even less than 2. Getting burned out I guess.

>2017
>Bloodborne
>Dark Souls 3
>Sekiro

Attached: 1641243275237.webm (774x796, 2.55M)

the answer to every question is dark souls 1. got it for free from xbox live in 2014. I've played the trilogy since then but none of the others.

> 2009
> hear about DeS, seems cool
> import from Hong Kong (I think, might of been Taiwan) had to explain to Mum (needed her credit card) that it wasn’t a stupid idea and that the game would actually be in English and I wasn’t wasting my money
> thick ass guide book that explains everything, but it’s in Chinese
> eventually learn how to play from guides on gamefaqs
> grinded and overleveled to extreme degrees, but still felt like I’d triumphed and outsmarted the game
> game gets NA release, assume that it’ll maybe have more content and probably less jank translations. This is somewhat true. Import that
> in 2010 finally gets Australian release, buy it just to complete the collection and hoped for better multiplayer connections

I even Platniumed all 3 versions. Although not until like 2015. Having all 3 plats dated in 2010 would have been cool. But oh well.

i got into dark souls accidentally around when sotfs came out, i played dark souls 1 and got my ass kicked by taurus demon, i made thread asking for help, everyone wanted to laugh so i ended up having 70 people watching me on steam stream being chased by the boar at undead parish

>2012
>Dark Souls
>Dark Souls
>Bloodborne

Picked it up during a summer drought and spent a good few weeks playing the shit out of it, getting frustrated, quitting, picking it up back up again, figuring it out as I went. I summoned, was summoned, and had a lot of fun. The first few sessions were definitely frustrating though because I was not used to games being this obtuse about their mechanics. Thankfully this is something FROM has gotten much better about so I imagine subsequent "first timers" had a much smoother introduction to the genre.

>Year you got into souls
DS1
DS1
>Favorite souls game
DS1