Redpill me on how they made raytracing work on a PS2

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 88.06K)

By sacrificing new borns to bill gates

Just meshes under the floor, bro.

Attached: Raytracing on Saturn.jpg (640x400, 45.99K)

worth it

It's just screen space reflection or a duplicate beneath the floor.

It's Matrix so raytracing there is not real.

Attached: big brain.png (1242x623, 983.12K)

you make the floor partially trans, then you copy and invert the meshs beneath it

Everytime I play a new vidya that lets me shoot up concrete shit I remember watching this scene for the first time as a kid and I get nostalgic as fuck and I spend several minutes just seeing how much I can shoot up the concrete shit apart.

That first level was pretty trippy for me when I was first played it. Some months after I beat the game twice, I was deadset on killing every enemy in that first level to see what would happen. Lo and behold it was a 1v1 match between Neo and Smith. Such an intense battle to the end, and it's capped off by Neo killing Smith like how he did in the 1st movie.

>you make the floor partially trans
The trans agenda strikes again.

>you make the floor partially trans

YWNBAW

Emotion Engine is more powerful than modern PCs. PS2 was way ahead of its time.

Attached: PS2 vs PC.jpg (1280x720, 127.59K)

It's just the same room the other way around put underneath. Don't you know how mirrors work?

this was the standard practice of the ps2 day.

the fuck is going on here?

Attached: matr.jpg (1280x720, 132.97K)

its a glitch in the matrix

How do you guys know so much about this shit

Attached: images (10).jpg (593x517, 21.13K)

those two pillars are lifted up, look across on the left side.
it does look a bit trippy though.

The scene they copied from GiTS?

Attached: 1641275351195.gif (800x340, 3.46M)

>when Joe Rogan brings up Covid

>those two pillars are lifted up
>reflections are lifted
Bravo Wachowski sisters.

Holy fuck, the mirror world's real?

tapping into the akashic records my dude

are those pillars destructible? I assume they were there in the beginning and the reflection is static

Attached: bjc.png (315x421, 139.19K)

yes, we know Matrix copied from GitS retard. you're 23 years late.

It's just stuff you learn as you go
You're one of us now

>Morpheus AI-mode was fucking Smith of all people
>the actual Smith didnt even remember he was Smith until Neo starts digging deeper on why was he remembering things that supposedly didnt happen
fucking Matrix 4

Then why are you nostalgic about Matrix and not GiTS, zoomie?

>Matrix 1
>zoomers
fucking lol

the reflection isn't static, as said it's either a screen space reflection, or more likely for this game I believe everything is flipped upside down under the level. so if those pillars are destroyed, the flipped ones are too.

We had a hardaare ray tracing demo for PS2 in early 2000, can't find it anymore. It was impressive

its bad on purpose, its meta

Attached: lena wachowski.jpg (1280x720, 116.63K)

I'm not the one that was being nostalgic, but because the Matrix did that scene better and was more popular.
also anyone who grew up with Matrix is in their late 20's, they aren't a zoomer.

They must be destroyed

>modern pc emulating the shitty ps2

Attached: 1618453301663.png (1920x1080, 978.29K)

I didnt even care it was bad, I just wanted to laugh at all the 4th wall breaking moments and the movie is full of those
AH HE SAID IT HE SAID IT

Millennials grew with GiTS, so yes, only your filth will be nostalgic about the copy.

>I'm not the one that was being nostalgic
So you're apologizing for a zoomer? That's even worse.

>anyone who grew up with Matrix is in their late 20's, they aren't a zoomer
See above.

>so if those pillars are destroyed, the flipped ones are too.
but they clearly arent

Came to post this. There are litterally duplicate upside down models of lower resolution under a semi transparent floor. Much easier and looked good enough where in 2022 you thought it was raytracing. RTX is a scam

I grew with both
stop listening to the walls

you are retarded

kek

you don't see this method as much anymore because environments are usually way, way more highly detailed. sucks cuz I think a lot of those games have aged nicer even if the models have less polygons and shit.

>Your brain on -oomer memes

how can ps2 do rtx 3090ti?

Attached: vp2reflection.jpg (1920x1080, 2.16M)

duke has "mirrors" but its just a mirror flipped room with another sprite of you that mirrors your movements. shame that we don't see a lot of neat tricks like this these days since devs can just use technology to get some shitty ugly ass reflections.

Attached: Ew0PPdZVoAIqIs1.jpg (640x480, 74.12K)

It's incredibly taxing. A modern console can barely hit 30fps in most titles, a mirror like this would cause single digit framerates.

modern console games tun at 60-120fps, you're out of touch user.

BAHAHAH, no, they do not. Even an RTX 3090 can't run modern games at 60fps at 4k, a console would be brought to its knees.

You're really just stupid and stuck in the 7th gen. Honestly you're so out of touch it's embarrassing.

Attached: file.png (759x3362, 279.82K)

then you have a 50% of the floor killing itself, it was a risky but effective method.