What happened to Mega Man?

What happened to Mega Man?
Wasn't this Capcom's flagship series?

Attached: __roll_mega_man_and_2_more_drawn_by_iroyopon__3c5a9f38a9808e9baf942db41c38c057.png (686x990, 393.15K)

Attached: 1624280047841.png (1200x1200, 50.5K)

Resident Evil took over, and Capcom (whether they'll admit it or not) spited the series for several years to get back at Inafune. Definitely a shame, it's still their best series overall.

got milked to death (and it still is being milked, see the gacha) and they don't know where to go with it anymore

Not at all. The videogame industry has changed dramatically since 1988. Hell Street Fighter was Capcom's flagship franchise when you consider the success of Street Fighter II, Alpha, and those crossover games with Marvel. And then that changed again when Capcom made Resident Evil. And it's changed yet again as they struck gold with Monster Hunter. What could Capcom's new money maker be in the 2020s? Who knows, but it sure ain't gonna be Mega Man. That ship has sailed.

I have no idea how you people can sexualize a character from your childhood games and what's even worse is it's a child like you once were.

I know right? It brings tears to my eyes.

Attached: pikamee tears .jpg (1280x720, 67.88K)

cunnytards are twitter users that don't play games

You're angry?

>the gacha
the what

the gacha. Mega Man X DiVE

Hasn't been for 30 years

I really wanted to give a chance to the gacha, specially once I got Layer and was close to getting swimsuit Alia. But it is just not fun, gets very boring.

If it stays fun without paying, they didn't do their job balancing it right.

Attached: 1582079589326.jpg (576x768, 89.81K)

>Wasn't this Capcom's flagship series?
No. Mega Man was their psuedo-mascot, but the series never did that well. Mega Man 2 is like the only Mega Man game in their top sellers list. Most of the others did ok at best, or "put them in the red" (Legends) at worst.

>Ruin your own most iconic IP due to spite someone
Jesus christ, that's worse than anything Miyamoto done.

Attached: 1643653662843.gif (254x249, 2.04M)

Didn't ask

>Mega Man
>more iconic than Street Fighter
But that's wrong you fucking retard.

In retrospect honestly he deserved the spite. Reminder that MN9 stuff aside, he was responsible for Lost Planet being outsourced to gaijins as well as DmC because he bemoaned Japan falling "behind" the west.

Nintendo does it with every game they release.

Attached: roll.jpg (2419x1362, 571.26K)

The series as a while did well. They didn't have to sell as many copies when there was so fucking many megaman games pumped out in such a short amount of time

Damn brat!

Side scroller shooters went out of fashion and are more of just a niche retro genre these days. Expect a Megaman12 in the next couple of years, but don't expect the yearly releases with simultaneous spinoff series anymore

That's not how Capcom felt about it, lol, otherwise we'd still be getting games.

Why make a new Mega Man game that's going to sell a couple million at absolute best when MH and SF fucking print money? AND can be milked through DLC and rereleases? You'll get your gacha and you'll like it.

Attached: 1642398963617.png (945x945, 497.44K)

>Wasn't this Capcom's flagship series?
1996 was 26 years ago OP.

Attached: 9CD228AF-35E7-4B11-82BB-68D8E3AE738A.jpg (723x1024, 566.12K)