Why did people hate the idea of a post apocalyptic game having post apocalyptic hand crafted weaponry?

Why did people hate the idea of a post apocalyptic game having post apocalyptic hand crafted weaponry?

Attached: Art_of_Fallout_4_pipe_gun.jpg (1535x1550, 239.78K)

They didn't. See Metro 2033 for a good example if it.

for starters because they look like shit
and secondly because you often found them in places that you shouldn't find like still heavily guarded military outposts

it has to be good designed and not retarded

The concept is really cool but they implemented it in the most retarded idea possible by not having the guns look like something that would actually function. If they looked more like the Welrod pistol from WW2, then yeah maybe they would have made more sense.

Contrarianism.

They make sense if the player only has access to them.
Literally everyone running around with the exact same "Handmade" firearm model that has tape in the exact same places and is the exact same design just murders the immersion.

Those guns look shit why would I want to fire them.

Because most of them wouldn't work after the first shot and it's not that hard to make better ones with actual garbage

Everyone likes that idea, problem is that the pipe guns look terrible and downright retarded

Because with fallout 3 specifically, the knowledge and skill required to make reliably functioning automatics and revolvers would also allow you to make guns that look much less shitty. The guns are so retarded looking in that game that there’s no way the maker would actually have the skill to make something that works. That’s slam fire, single shot pipe shotgun levels of craftsmanship.

I don't. It's just retards at bethesda know nothing about guns

Attached: ScreenHunter_216 Apr. 28 03.29.png (1110x686, 196.32K)

the focus on crafting killed this game.

you are a retard

Also F4's pipe weapons tried to be both "functional looking" and "trash made looking" at the same time, its like adding cogs and dials to a AK and call it a Steampunk weapon

If you have the tech to make proper bullets and casings you absolutely have the ability to make basic but fully functional guns

Attached: 2018-11-28_13-14-55.jpg (470x439, 28.6K)

>no ability to slowly improve the technique until you have an actually decent looking handcrafted item, will always be a bit of plywood with a rusty pipe tied on with wire
>No reason to ever use them since you get a better gun with abundant ammo in the starting vault and guns don't degrade
>highest tier upgrade removes the only upside the gun has, dirt cheap ammo

Reminder that in 1 the "post-apocalyptic hand crafted weaponry" were just regular guns made by people who knew what they were doing

1 didn't have handcrafted weaponry. 2 introduced the pipe gun. 1 had the Gun Runners who controlled a literal gun factory.

Honestly a game where all the guns are garage built and you can customise the fuck out of them wouldn't be half bad, maybe some kinda territory control in an industrial sector where you'd only be able to use riveting once you take over the place with access to rivet guns

>open a locked safe in some place that has never been accessed by another human being ever since the bombs dropped
>find a pipe revolver

>1 didn't have handcrafted weaponry it had handcrafted weaponry
Don't be a retard. The Gun Runners make all their weapons by hand. That is the definition of "handcrafted".

Maybe you want a different word, like "homemade" or "shit".

>they look like shit
Wrong.

I really like the idea, it's just that the pipe weapons in Fallout 4 sucked, only the .45 revolver was slightly worth it if I remember correctly

>looks like ass
>sometimes makes zero sense
>lowest-tier weapon
I'll also add that idea of purely DIY gun that you can change however you wish is very fun, if you can actually do that. Pipe guns use same rounds no matter what, you can't make it into something that isn't ".38 ammo gun". Percentage-based changes to damage and accuracy are not "well enough" for this, it's bare fucking minimum that absolutely needs much more customization on top of it.

they just got annoying after a while, especially once you reach a high level and everybody STILL has them
another thing I don't get are the modifiers
>EPIC BURNING MATCH GRADE pipe pistol WITH THERMAL SIGHT
why not just build a better fucking gun at that point?

Attached: 1549480093619.jpg (1024x576, 78.44K)

Because crafting in video games is boring faggot shit that only autists enjoy doing.

They do. They look like they are about to explode in your fucking face everytime you press the trigger. Ejection port doesn't even placed correctly, ugly sights etc.

Probably because Fallout setting always had a bunch of working pre-war guns, both civilian and military grade, and it had contemporary guns being produced which didn't look made out of garbage.

They were used as a replacement for sheer weapon variety, and coupled with the fact components were directly tied to stats meant that if you needed a semi-auto weapon instead of fully auto your gun would always look the same.
I love weapons that are cobbled together or have in-field modifications, but when you see the same pipe pistol for the 1000th time it just gets tiresome.

Attached: Guns_and_bullets_-_Street_Guns_of_Detroit.png (852x1102, 846.67K)

You sound autistic.