Final Fantasy VI

The definitive version of this masterpiece will be out in a few days.

>remastered soundtrack
>certain scenes are in HD-2D
>new translation
>rebalanced from the ground up

Are you excited?

Attached: FHXrIwAXIAs3XlW.jpg (1200x675, 93.1K)

no i already beat it twice

eh I'm already 6 hours in on emulator

No of that needs changing.

I'm waiting three decades for the remake.

>Terra was my first waifu

I hope her game does well.

Attached: Terra_from_WotV_artwork.png (1000x766, 578.34K)

why couldn't they rebalance 2

Not really, it is just FF6, and replaying feels like a chore.
Ill probably still play it, but im not that excited.
FFV on the other hand it is one of the best FFV ever and its PR was amazing.

Why would I be excited, you piece of shit? Are you genuinely expecting me to get excited for yet another remake of the game I've played a billion times already?
>b-but they rebalanced it
No amount of balancing will fix a final fantasy game. And even I have my own fair share of nostalgia for these games, so I can't really talk down on them, but for them to be balanced, they'd have to be reworked from the ground up.
There's a romhack for the FC version which already does enough rebalancing.
Otherwise, you could just play SaGa games.

Attached: 1584829236371.jpg (360x402, 25.5K)

I don't understand why so much of the concept art has her as blonde. Her hair is green.

Only looking forward to the new soundtrack. The game itself is mediocre as fuck.

>rebalanced

They made FFIV too damn easy. They really fucked up.

FFIV was always easy.

2 starts off feeling really good; really getting into the stat level-up system (Except for the hidden magic modifiers).
By the end of 2, you just want to die.

I don't know what they were thinking by halving exp requirements like that. When the game was really easy as it was. Oddly, FFV seems to be untouched in terms of general stats and seems to be the preferred port now for a lot of people.
Do we have any actual evidence that they're going to be rebalancing FFVI in any way? It's not like the original game was that difficult.

They made the game less grindy. Thats hardly "easier". FFIV never had any real strategy so i dont see how it could have been made easier.
Specially the NDS remake which is suppsed to be "hard" yet the game boils down to if your character has more HP than the strongest AOE attack of the boss. If you survive it, then nice. If you dont, then go back to grind otherwise you cant beat the boss without wasting 23482349 phoenix downs.

I want to be but the way you phrase this reminds me too much of shitpost trolling going "and this is going to BTFO nintendtards"

it looks good but i really want my next play-through to be a modded version.

The FF2 pixel remaster seems to have a really odd issue with status effects on hit ALWAYS applying no matter what, making some things completely broken. The Ancient Sword for example trivializes bosses with its debuff, the final boss included. All you have to do is equip it on a character, get a single hit off on a target and then they're permanently weakened for the rest of the fight.
This goes both ways though, with potential death effects on hit now working 100% of the time and completely screwing you over in some encounters, like with the coeurls.

FF6 is in a sad place, you can tell while making it Square just wanted to make a "bigger and better" game from their previous installments. The end result was too many characters, too little characterization and character development, poorly planned out plot twists and moments, low effort asset flip towns and locations, and the most braindead battle system the franchise has had to date. Combine that with after 6, nintendo fanboys were enraged with 7 being a PS1 exclusive. 6, this mediocre and half baked game now had to bear the weight from decades to come as "7 but better we sware!" but really it does everything worse than 7 and 7 achieves so much more, genuinely pushing the medium forward.

Attached: ff6 towns vs ff7 towns.jpg (3625x2858, 1.27M)

>rebalanced
fuck you and your rebalancing, I want the busted broken shit from the original which was fun. vanish doom, mblock evade, blindness being irrelevant, psycho cyan. you know, the good stuff.

The definitive edition is the one that came out 25 years ago. Some "remastered" vomit outsourced to india is not relevant.
Play the fucking original. This applies to everything.

The original game was never grindy to begin with, though. If you fought things casually as you went through a dungeon, you'd always be prepared for whatever bosses you came across. If you do that in the pixel remaster you'll be overleveled.
The DS remakes for 3 and 4 are another thing altogether though with awkward buffing of enemies due to hardware limitations not letting them display more than a couple at a time outside of rare circumstances.

>why so much of the concept art has her blonde
Because she's blond.
Same reason Link's hair isn't purple.

Attached: 993ce57e3a5a13e135a4f611fb8f03f5.jpg (920x639, 101.38K)

I find these remakes kinda icky but I stopped a third of the way through last time I played the game so maybe I'll bite the bullet and just get this one.

Attached: the-final-fantasist-a-conversation-with-yoshitaka-amano.jpg (1920x1080, 300.58K)

>Her hair is green.
It isn't, that was just a palette choice on SNES to make her stand out from Celes.
Same reason why Link has pink hair in his sprite in LttP despite being canonically blonde.

Attached: f2bfcbc8fee0a1bc1783c6d5c6be5714.jpg (1000x709, 127.21K)

that would mean something if the original wasnt a buggy poorly translated mess

FFVI is the only FF that doesnt have a real definitive edition.

Remasters are an awful phenomenon that's almost always disrespectful to the original creators, and solidifies the fact that games are products rather than art.

Are the pixel remasters even worth it?

can copy 's
home work, but don't make it too obvious

I think the general agreement was that 3 and 5 are good, mostly because they never had any other worthwhile remakes. 1, 2 and 4 have very good PSP remakes that are a lot more faithful.

Attached: best_version_of_every_final_fantasy_game_02[1].jpg (1920x1080, 201.1K)

>1, 2 and 4 have very good PSP remakes that are a lot more faithful.
? why are they more faithful if they include other artstyles, other gameplay, and fanfiction new content?