Monsterhunter World Iceborn

If I'm going to get MHW, should I also get this? How is it as an expansion/dlc? What does it add over the base game?

Attached: MHWIceborn.jpg (1920x1080, 1.78M)

Iceborne is the "G Rank" expansion every MH game gets, except it's DLC instead of a new game you port your save to like all the previous. Most of the content in IB is after you beat the main game of World, so you don't NEED it immediately. However, IB also adds new mechanics and new attacks to all weapons, and having it will implement those into World, and the base game content isn't designed around stuff like Clutch Claw. So it's up to you if you want to get it right now or after beating World.

I think the content itself is really good, better than base World, but Clutch Claw itself is a bit too centralizing of a mechanic to the point where if you don't use it often you feel unoptimal. Besides that it's worth the money IF you like World.

Take it slow and just buy iceborne after you finish World and events.

It's on sale, and I like what i've played of MHW so far. I can see myself finishing it.

Might as well. It’s more of the good stuff.

Buy the Master bundle, at the start of the game do NOT accept the "defender" armor or whatever, that gear is used for speeding through the base game to access DLC which comes after the main game.

As a DLC it's massive, has more content than the base game itself.

I just finished World with my wife and a friend a couple weeks ago and got Iceborne. It's worth it. Shit's damage spongy at first but once you upgrade your weapons and learn the clutch walk bang it's closer to the difficulty you would expect.

Is the long sword a viable weapon?

I’m torn between that and great sword.

both are good, but watch the guides on youtube

I know how to use them. Just wondering which finishes the monsters quicker.

every weapon is viable

Clutch claw completely ruins the game. Therefore installing the expansion pack ruins the game.

so just like, don't use it, whoa

Comfy snow area, more monsters to fight. Actually a full expansion to the game as opposed to modern DLC style.

Game is balanced around clutch claw so not using it results in a tedious game. Also you don't get to play multiplayer.

no it isn't and no it doesn't and yes you do
the cope of a shitter or a shitposter

>should I also get this
Yes yes yes yes. Iceborne is fucking amazing. World is decent, but IB is a 10/10

How do I make money in MHR. I’m broke.

Great sword is an exit level weapon. Works way better when you’ve played for a while and know the monsters moves since that weapon is all about landing huge (very slow) hits

I can also say no in response to a post, watch: No.

Just dont reply to the faggot. Im sure hes one of those that hate world but fucking love RIse and everything about it.

>I’m broke in MHR

shit I thought it was just me.

But I said I liked world, I just don't like iceborn. Rise sucks too.

nobody cares, not a single soul agrees with you

Without clutch claw every fight drags on for nearly an hour.

>I’m stupid

Well that much is obvious

>If I'm going to get MHW, should I also get this?
Yes, first because master rank and the rest of the monsters stuff are locked behind the DLC and base world is basically a 60 hour tutorial.

Yeah and i dont give a shit. I enjoy CC, stating it is shit as an objective fact to a complete noob to the game is retarded so fuck you

Thank you for blessing me with such a stunningly stupid response.

lol

anyone know a good tutorial video for clutch claw? it's been so long since i started Iceborne

If you think world is "good" Iceborne is absolutely amazing, it adds a lot of new stuff and improvements over the base game.

He is right tho.

You sound like a petulent child.

Oh he's right that "not a single soul agrees with you"? Thank you for proving that atleast two of my opponents are objectively retarded.

>use claw
>hate it
>finish fight in 7 miuntes
>dont use claw
>love it
>finish fight in 9 minutes
oh man it's literally impossible to play without claw

Not that user but I rarely use clutch claw and the only time my friend ever uses it is when their switch axe is charged up and we want to stun it.

In fact, you can only do the claw stun thing like...twice. The tutorial even says so. So we don't bother with it.

Can't say anything about Rise, haven't played it.

What a contradictory post lmao. You should really stop posting.

Not in Iceborne it isn’t. Frostcraft means you can do just fine clearing casually with nothing but draw attacks and the occasional slinger TCS. It was my preferred way of dealing with annoying monsters like Kirin, the metal raths, and (base) Rajang.

Rise makes things even worse with the new riding thing and it's harder to ignore

You can do it far more than 2 times.

You must be braindead retarded to not comprehend anons post.

Can I kill Alatreon, if I barely kill Shara in 45 minutes? Tried many times - it doesn't work. I am a katana user. Do I need to go through the endgame for the regeneration enchantment?

Attached: 9962815_0.jpg (630x630, 132.68K)

>Can't say anything about Rise
CC > Wyvern Riding, is pretty much what you need to know.
That said I want neither to show up in MH6

>Oh he's right that "not a single soul agrees with you"?
Yes, I thought that much was clear, for further questions please refer to my assistant, pic related.

Attached: 2021-06-03_01-06-08___8124[1].jpg (1200x997, 44.2K)

You just need to practice
Alatreon isn't hard
Fatalis on the other hand...

They'll just have a new obnoxious gimmick in 6 like they always do

It would help, yes, but people have killed it without the Health Aug. I myself just bruteforce it with 5 carts, Raging Brachy GL, and Bomb Palico for my first kill.
Post room if you're not busy.

cringe for offering to carry and not letting him get the satisfaction of killing him solo.

How do you even have problems while using a baby tier weapon?

Not him but some people don't enjoy that
One of my friends for example would rather just have me carry him than play the game solo kek

Thank you, but, unfortunately, my 240h account on PS4, I wanted to cheat the same in steam, but there is no time yet.