Post obscure videogames you love and want everyone to play

Post obscure videogames you love and want everyone to play.

Attached: game-steam-highfleet-cover.jpg (600x835, 169.64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8bCAJ6bg9Xw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

needs a sandbox mode

ive got enough to buy this game
will i regret it if i do?

youtube.com/watch?v=8bCAJ6bg9Xw

Attached: 589362.jpg (311x445, 40.51K)

is the first one worth playing?
saw a video and the game looked DEEP

It really isn't.

I loved first back when it was the only one but frankly SR2 does everything better, the only thing 1 has going for it are the unique text adventures.

Hey hey people

>hammerfight but with guns

Seeing as the devs are in gulag, who the hell is updating the HD version

If you dont mind punishing gameplay, it is. This game is oldschool, despite being relatively new.

you'll dread every single gameplay mechanic by the fifth or tenth time you're forced to do it

Yes.

Attached: galactic-omegachad.jpg (720x1080, 70.25K)

MY ASS IS HEAVY

>the only
That a lot, actually. How else people will experience being cockroaches trainer to earn your freedom.

explain because is doing a good job selling it

>company sinks
>makes their game open-source

Attached: Star Ruler 2.jpg (460x215, 46.77K)

What I mean is not necessarily that it isn't DEEP, but it doesn't feel deep at least, everything is nicely explained in the tutorial and the systems by themselves are not too complex, it's how they interact what makes the game fun.

I worded it wrong. Obviously SR2 also has text adventures, including the infamous prison quest with its myriad of options. It's just that SR1 has its own unique adventures which you won't experience by playing SR2.

>game has sword on the cover
>can't use swords
this is BULLSHIT
post obscure games with swords

>has 180mm autoloaded cannons and nuclear cruise missiles
>wants swords

The meme man made a video about it
We can't like it anymore

That robot / mech is horribly designed. It's so cluttered and busy.

>intercepting messages by dialing knobs until blue light appears
>triangulating strike groups by watching the ELINT reading skip angular resolution
>randomly throwing cards at conversations to get +1 rapport
>landing in 2D rain epilepsy just to gain a slight repair bonus
>clicking on the same parts during salvage to see a timer run down and a %-change trigger
>watching airstrike attacks play out automatically
>watching missile strikes play out automatically
>watching nuke strikes play out automatically
none of these are fun past the 5th time you're forced to do it

>soloing basic fights with one ship at a time
gets old by the 10th time

>soloing strike groups with one ship at a time
never actually fun, you're just getting spamming with proximity fuzed munitions and there's very specific ways to win

when you break it down none of the mechanics beyond the actual combat are all that interactive or expressive, you're just going through the motions. and the fights themselves deteriorate from its initial high speed dogfighting with quick Lightnings to mindnumbing slugmatches where dodging is pretty null and void

a good roguelike makes you want to start a new run when you die, this one did the opposite for me

I thought 2:HD added the text quests from 1

That's just cover art.

And that's a good thing!

Attached: Robots.jpg (710x533, 91.67K)

Welcome to my shill corner

>Hammer fight
The first game the devs of Highfleet made, its free on steam now so I'd say its worth checking out if your bored and want to kill a couple hours.
Satisfying physics combat where you spin your mouse to smash enemies with your weapons.

>Knytt stories/within a deep forest
Both amazing freeware games made by the same guy with large and interesting worlds to explore. Also Knytt underground exists but I'd personally only recommend it if its on sale.

>FIGHT KNIGHT
Dungeon crawler mixed with punchout style gameplay. It's really weird so I would recommend checking out a old itchio demo that was made for its kickstarter if you plan on buying it.
Nothing too-too major changed between that demo and the release.

>Monolith
Genuinely the best rougelite bullet hell I've played, also has a pretty good DLC I wasn't good enough to get that far into.

>Grime
This one's a weird one because it seems to have a fair amount of people that played it and liked it, but I've seen literally 0 discussion about it.
It's a damn good souls-like metroidvania with a very interesting world concept.

when you think about it all future combat will take place at extreme distances with mindblowing amounts of munitions with pinpoint accuracy for the sake of saturating the general area of the target to prevent it surviving by even a small chance because there's always a good chance they will shoot down some or most of your shots
this means the escalation of the game's combat from high speed to slugfests is quite logical

Oh you're right. You can solve them from the main menu, correct? Not organically, but whatever. Good enough.

This shit. It's abandonware too.

Attached: hedz.jpg (800x1016, 256.32K)

ok but it's not fun to play. highfleet fails at making its core gameplay fun beyond the initial phase where you're still figuring things out and die from being clueless

Picked up the Remaster on a whim because I never played the original. It's not a particularly good game but it's not bad either, janky as fuck but mostly entertaining

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 124.12K)

didn't know they remastered it. still got the original box laying around somewhere and it was pretty funny for what it was. especially the taking over different robots and using their kit part

>game mechanics are boring for me
This is what i meant when i said the game ain't for everyone
Of course this game isnt as dynamic as other down-to-earth roguelikes (TBoI and EtG) and of course if you dont like the mechanics youll get bored of them. This isnt a normie AAA game your grandmother would be able to play.