Did Sony overpay?

Did Sony overpay?

Attached: 15835.jpg (1500x1500, 467.85K)

Yes, it was a desperate move to appease investors.

Definitely. All of Bungie's talent had already left. They just want GaaS advice.

Gaming has become more popular since the Minecraft purchase, that said Sony did overpay. Hopefully Sony can do what Xbox did to Bungie and force them to make good shit. Doubt it though as Activision failed and all the OG people either left Bungie or got fired/blacklisted.

Attached: 1643274915524.png (820x1119, 1.5M)

They should've just straight up buy Nintendo.

>Paying $3.6 billion for a game that you can download for free

Minecraft and starwars were really both fucking bargain
i wonder if Microsoft made their money back when it sorta got super popular again like 2 years ago

Yeah probably, I guess they figured it was worth it as a sort of attack on xbox or something since they used to own it

>do this to piss xbox off
>xbox go and buy sega or someshit for the lol's

Should of just bought Silent Hills, Metal Gear Solid and Castlevania from Konami.

Sony can't afford Nintendo

I don't know, Destiny 2 seems to fly under the radar, but it apparently makes shitton of money.
Plus, they get their own FPS dedicated studio.

There's a shit ton of Minecraft merch nowadays, and it's always popular, so I'd say yes.

ONE GAME

thats why microsoft said bungee is too expensive. but sony has a movie studio. so prepare for some awful destiny tv shows

Yeah. Buying minecraft is like buying Nintendo. They're basically their own whole seperate market demographic. Important to control and understand. Destiny... is way to limited and its style is outdated. Not enough micro transactions to justify

Bigtime

people are saying they bought Bungie for their future IPs but that just sounds like cope

GaaS generates more revenue than single player games. Simple as.

It's just inflation kicking in. Buy Bitcoin

Attached: 1626906319542.gif (190x218, 239.97K)

>Paying 3.6 billion for one of the most profitable GAAS games out there
>Paying 3.6 billion for a company that has over 500 devs and is known for being competent at developing FPS games ( You can say anything about Bungie's jewish practices, but when it comes to gunplay, destiny 2 is pretty fun )