Overrated trash

>"Hey if you like action games, check out Devil May Cry"
>Finally reach this series in my backlog of games
>First game looks like fucking shit during cutscenes but at least it functions
>"Combat is really fast paced Any Forumsros"
>No sprint and your movement is janky
>Combat is button mashing
What the fuck is this shit? I was expecting to chain combos with various inputs. Also, guns feels very shit outside of those ghost dudes and that shadow lion. Should I skip DMC 1 and 2 since I've heard terrible things about it and the gigachad spam must mean its Dark Souls 2 levels of shit.

Attached: dmchd.jpg (1024x1024, 236.61K)

GOTHIC

DMC 1 is literally the best of the whole trilogy. DMC 3 has the best combat but it's literally shit in every other regard. DMC is just over rated in general OP.

If you want the "real" DMC experience you've been looking for then just pirate this game or buy it when it's on sale.

Attached: 0985d903bc1c147f344e14b71d4c218bb17b3626.jpg (616x353, 50.02K)

Ah yeah. Dmc 1 isn't the most crazy action game out there. It's more resident evil than modern action game. But it helps to understand where that game came from. People like dmc1 because of it's atmosphere

DMCV should have never happened. It's so fucking trash and invited too many newfags into the franchise

I don't like the controls in DMC. Feel like they're pretty clunky.

Bayonetta perfected action game controls imo.

>and invited too many newfags into the franchise
t. shiteater that got into dmc through Any Forums sings dmcnamesong

DMC3 blows DMC1 out of the water on every aspect that isn't having environments ported from RE and enemies with a few more attacks (which you still beat up on anyway).

OP and anyone else whom reads this don't bother with this shit it's indiejank borderline musou garbage

>DMC 1 is literally the best of the whole trilogy.
>shit bosses
>no instant weapon switch
Jej

3 is superior in every way but environments and individual enemy complexity. You're objectively wrong and moronic.

Not a very good game. Very small and basic moveset, and the ring system largely starts to trivialize itself like 2 levels in, so the best way to win is to ignore nearly all mechanics in favor of spamming 1 move that pays for itself. Except v bosses, who you just kind of dodge, hit, repeat, very methodical but boring, as they ignore hitstun.
Last few maps are really bad with enemies who ignore hitstun and spawn en masse and have a single attack of just ramming into you, so you just end up waiting them spamming your best move over and over again, not allowed any freedom because they completely negated every mechanic

Attached: high apm 1.webm (480x300, 2.52M)

Hey bro. You start SoS yet?

Ok I forgot to mention that I kinda like the voice acting and the atmosphere being cheesy as hell, but holy fuck I just did the level where you learnt how to swim and holy fuck it's atrocious. Not to mention fighting this bird cunt on the pirate ship and my fist weapon not landing even though the cunt is right next to me is just fucking terrible. Theres also this thing that attaches to me that I can use to double jump or whatever but it was so pointless because whenever that happened the boss was flying anyway. Does this game get any better or do the cutscenes at least carry the rest of this trash?

You're probably going to like 3 and 5 way more. Just finish 1 as quickly as possible, it's not that long, but you'll need it for later.

should you decide to play the rest of the franchise anyway, just do yourself a favor and skip 2

>DMC 3 has the best combat but it's literally shit in every other regard
Lol no. DMC3 is far better not just when it comes to combat, but also bosses, weapons, story, characters, music etc. DMC1 only has some shitty gothic atmosphere and that's about it.
>If you want the "real" DMC experience you've been looking for then just pirate this game or buy it when it's on sale.
One of the lowest tier action games I've ever played. Cute girls are the only redeeming factor.

For me, it's dmc 4

only 1 and 5 are good

>Buy DMC HD Collection
>Get to DMC3
>Camera control is fucking horrible
>Get hit by people you can't see because you can't look around and the lock-on is jank as fuck
>Look it up to see if I'm missing something
>See posts by smug retards acting like the camera nearly ruining the game is some sort of casual filter instead of a bad feature nearly ruining the game
I just can't make myself go back to DMC3, it sits in my steam list staring at me. Not even DMC1 was this bad. How the fuck do people defend DMC3 as god's gift to video games when playing it FUCKING BLOWS

Attached: 1565502197510.jpg (712x812, 101.69K)

its old just cope

Finish 1 for story and lore wise.
Skip 2
Play 3,4,5.
The action combo stuffs that you're looking for starts in 3, make sure you play 3 in switch though.

This is painful to watch
How can someone who made it to mission 11 be so grossly uncoordinated and retarded?

>No style switching
>Just tapping Y
>Mining trickster
>Probably playing with KB+M
What the fuck is wrong with you people?

sorry bro is this more your speed i pressed 2 buttons now im sss what a videogames

Attached: chinese rating system.webm (480x300, 2.1M)