So, who's next?

So, who's next?
EA and Capcom?

Attached: Who Sony buys next.jpg (646x937, 98.57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mergers_and_acquisitions_by_Embracer_Group
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The final blow would be T2, but I'm hoping for square, so I can have good pc ports

I doubt they'd get Take2, they seem a bit too big for Sony, not impossible, but unlikely.
EA also seems doubtful, they're pretty big as well $30B+.

Probably Capcom

Current T2 valuation is around 25 Billion, but they buy zynga for 11 Billion recently, so it's around 36 Billion now, unless sony using a bank loan, the acquisition will not happening.

No one sells their companies for the market value, why Any Forums is so retarded?
Sony literally paid for bungle around 4x times of their market price

I work in the M&A space. People are painting this as some sort of acquisition war between Sony and Microsoft, but these deals are worked out months, sometimes even years before an announcement is made. It then takes years to then integrate the acquisition into the parent, assuming they don't stick with a subsidiary sort of arrangement (though that comes with its own set of costs) but maybe the video game industry can do it quicker for all I know.

Other than cash and loans, you can also finance an acquisition by offering stock in kind.

A premium over the publicly traded price is common, but 4x? No way.

If I were Sony (or Microsoft for that matter) I'd buy Capcom. That shit won't go cheap but they have a couple of bangers in their arsenal and some very profitable IPs. Seems like the smart play to me, but maybe Capcom are aware of it and that makes them harder to talk down?

I don't know, but Capcom would be a smart pick if they can get their hands on them IMO.

>sony
>buying japanese developers
>after buying bungie

l m a o

next is starbreeze

This is the way of the world. It was always going to come to this. Corps buy up other corps. Maxon bought Zbrush, Adobe buys Substance Painter.

Eventually Epic will buy Maxon, Adobe will buy Epic, Google will buy Adobe, on and on it goes until basically 2 corporations own literally everything.

They better buy Square Enix.

IO Interactive

Good thing we have antimonopoly laws, and microsoft buying activision will never pass

even ignoring sony and microsoft just look at this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mergers_and_acquisitions_by_Embracer_Group
Why is this allowed?

Why would any of those companies want to sell? They're all doing good right now.

Because they could do even better under Sony?
Only Microsoft buys companies that lost everything

I just bought Sony and Microsoft and I'm selling all their combined assets off as NFTs. The gaming industry is on hold for the foreseeable future.

Whoever buys Square better stop them from going full NFT.

Snoy couldn't afford Capcom. And besides would you want Snoy ruining every IP with SJW shit? Turing Dante into a tranny, making the Ace Attorney protag a gay black female? Please.

That's not how it works, Capcom for instance is a family owned company and has been for some time with stock split among multiple generations. Currently Capcom is doing great, why would the Tsujimotos, sell their their well performing company? In the long run they stand to make more owning their well performing company than from a quick sale. If this were the PS360 era where Capcom was failing and losing money from Inafune's mistakes left right and center than maybe they could be convinced to cut their losses but certainly not now when they have their hands on a publisher that is succeeding in the east, the west and on every platform,

Sony could've bought Capcom if they didn't just waste 4 BILLION DOLLARS on Bungie. Disney bought fucking STAR WARS for half of that. This might be the most retarded purchase in big corporation history.

Yeah but star wars was stagnant when Disney bought it. It has released a lot of stuff since then even though the movies were completely shite.

Rebels was still going, games were in the works, comics, TORtanic was getting "better" etc. Lucas got rid of SW to Disney for cheap because he trusted them to take care of it like it had been. Yet here we are, with 4 shit fucking Star Wars games over the course of a whole decade.

Reminder that any Japanese company agreeing to be bought by Sony would effectively sign off them disappearing from the their home market.
Why would anyone in their right mind do that?

Nothing.
He's just trying to keep the hype going on so the retarded sony fans won't bother him every hour.

They probably buy them for GAAS, i don't what is the profits of destiny 2, but sony must have a plan, if not, indeed this is a retard move.