The Bungie Acquisition shows just how out of touch Sony has become

>Brother…you are a warrior
>I can see that.
>You trained your whole life for this
>And you have won console battles…that lesser men have called unwinnable, yes?
>But while you were sharpening your exclusives…do you know how I prepared for today?
>I learned
>I know your user base
>Your traditions
>Your 3rd parties
>Which publishers to tame and…
>which to burn
>So I will ask you once again, snoyamurai
>Do you surrender?

Attached: snoy-of-tsushima.png (962x474, 431.45K)

>I understand the business and I know better than the people shelling out 3.6 billion dollars

>people at the top of corporations know what they are doing
lmao.
lol.

Jim Ryan certainly seems to, PS has never been more successful, ever since he became CEO

>But while you were sharpening your exclusives…
What, you studied the blade? Lmao

they paid the same money for this piece of shit as Disney did for Star Wars.

holy shit when you put it that way, like who gives a fucking shit about destiny, seems like a kneejerk reaction to microsoft deal

You do realize deals like this aren't going down just because 1 man thought it might be a good idea? They literally measured every entity possible to figure out potential value of such acquisition. Your fucking monkey brain can't even remotely comprehend 4D chess moves these billion dollar companies are making every day.
>AAGGHH DUUURR DESTINY BAD HAHA HWO EVEN PLAYS IT SONY MUST BE OUT OF TOUCH

biggest cope you can taste the frustrating tears on this post

It's basically that, yeah. A 3.6 billion dollar bandaid for some tech support with "live services" while Bungie themselves still retain enough autonomy to publish games wherever they feel like without Sony being able to object. Bit the real important part are the headlines to calm nervous shareholders down after the MS acquisitions.

If all you know about Sony is it's game division, I have bad news for you about how competent they are at the top level

Give him a break, since yesterday bing bing spics are in full panic mode

>people at the top of corporations know what they are doing
More than some /r/antiwork nigger like you

>Your fucking monkey brain can't even remotely comprehend 4D chess moves these billion dollar companies are making every day.
>Ok... So we'll take this white character and make them black... then we'll replace this male character with a female lesbian one, and anytime she isn't on screen everyone will ask "Where's Dikey?"

The only thing it shows is that they've completely abandoned Japan in favor of the US and general west.

unironically everyone here probably understands "da bidness" 99.5% as much as these people... the difference is these business people have the safety blanket of shuttering aquisitions and sweeping them under the rug... gaybo.

There's no potential compared to what Disney got out of Stars Wars. That's movies, games, shows, endless merchandise from toys to coffee mugs to Halloween masks, to fast food tie ins, to fucking bottle cap openers. Everything under the sun. You ain't getting a fraction of that out of Destiny. It's a joke, even in it's own domain.

Unless Bungie are working on a new IP that Sony thinks will be huge, this just seems like a desperation move. Even then, they said they wont be exclusive.

If you think suits know what they're doing then you have to also think shareholders aren't a bunch of knuckle dragging idiots since a suit's every move is typically one meant to appease them.

>faggot with infinite money and table of idea guys fails less.
wow... im sure him sitting in board meetings really turned sony around.

According to Jim Ryan sure.

Let's just say Sony picking a developer most well known for an MS IP so soon after the Activision purchase isn't a coincidence.

I literally do not know a single person who plays Destiny.

Sony Pictures also has a track record of consistently releasing terrible movies, so if they even try to spin Destiny off into movies and tv it will most likely fail

NOOOOOO THIS SALE IS GOING TO KILL SONY AND IM GOING TO LOSE MY 150 PLATINUMS FUUUUUCK.

FINDING OUT FUCKING BUNGIE COST AS MUCH AS STAR WARS WAS THE FINAL STRAW. IT PUT EVERYTHING IN PERSPECTIVE. GEORGE LUCAS UNDER SOLD AND SONY MASSIVELY OVER PAID. ITS FUCKING OVER.

THOUSANDS OF HOURS OF MY LIFE GETTING THOSE PLATINUMS AND NOW THEYRE GOING TO BE GONE. IN THE XBONE ERA I MADE FUN OF THEM BECAUSE I THOUGHT MICRO SOFT WAS ON ITS LAST LEG AND THEY WERE GOING TO LOSE ALL THEIR ACHIEVEMENTS. HOW CAN THIS BE HAPPENING TO ME?

We're just baffled by Sony making a terrible purchase, brudah.

Well, they generate more sales, thanks to the PC ports.

Um, well, no, you see, um...shareholders are actually really intelligent people