Skill-based matchmaking bad

>skill-based matchmaking bad
Why?

Attached: 1641483597188.gif (384x480, 3.97M)

>no skill based matchmaking
>only join servers where bad players play
>feel like you're hot shit despite not being one

>skill-based matchmaking
>matches people as good or close to being as good as you are
>can't feel powertrip from stomping noobs
pretty much because losers can't feel like big fish in small pond

This is the truth and will cause much seething

I wanna get stoned and stomp like I used to in cod

It's fine when the shitters in the lower brackets don't participate in balance discussions. I'm getting sick of trashcans whining about balance when they're struggling with the fundamentals of the game.

it promotes staying shit or purposely doing bad. getting better or doing better just punishes you. if it just matched players normally you would naturally realize that you arent very good and need to improve or realize that if you improved you could do better in games and feel accomplished. now with SBMM if you improve it just makes you fight against people better than you forcing you to always be trying your best and its exhausting when im just here to have fun.

>skill-based matchmaking
>you play alone vs a stacked team of 5 premades with good team comp while only having the shittiest of shitters to fall back on to when your back litteraly breaks in half from how hard you're carrying
>lose anyway because there's only so much one player can do in a team based game

Attached: 1498631135673.gif (289x214, 1.98M)

>server-based matchmaking
>you play alone vs a stacked team of 5 premades with good team comp while only having the shittiest of shitters to fall back on to when your back litteraly breaks in half from how hard you're carrying
>lose anyway because there's only so much one player can do in a team based game

Because different people play games for different reasons and singular matching making services pair everyone up with their differing needs and it ends up a miserable shitfest

let people host and join serves based on what it is they want to do. Let all the shittalkers play together, let the casualfags play together, let the compfags play together. I have no clue why anyone though forcing them to interact would ever be a good thing

Because matchmaking as a concept is cancer and SBMM is a subset of matchmaking

>skill based matchmaking
>created to keep you at 50% win/loss ratio
total trash system to keep people stuck

Well you have to cater to the casuals these days, they're the biggest audience. 80% of the people you get to play with these days would implode under their own lack of skill the moment you would ask them to stand on their own abilities in regards to the game.
If you're good at bideogams you literally become an equalizer for their faggy MM algorithms. You don't even do it for free, you get to pay for the privilege.

>skill is represented by a number that fluctuates on win loss in a game with hundreds of variables

Chess ELO is a retarded system for team games and has created an endless loop skinner box in every single online game. It isn't even fun.

still can in cod

If I want every match to be sweaty I'll play ranked instead of casual.

Playing a team based game by yourself is literally gambling and I wish people wouldn't pretend your "skill" matters.

>skill based matchmaking
>can't learn anything new from better players

Attached: 1642443692416.jpg (442x442, 51.16K)

Attached: matchmaking.jpg (675x767, 90.57K)

How do you think ranked in multiplayer games work?

Why do I have no problems getting to Diamond with a 60+% winrate in League then?
And why would I only get even higher by putting in a ton of effort to actually git seriously gud? Almost like the system works