In 2001

In 2001
PS2 had: GTA 3, MGS 2, DMC
PC had: OFP, System Shock 2, Deus Ex, Max Payne
And Xbox had this, lol

Attached: 1617149499152.png (1280x1280, 1.38M)

Xbox had also just launched and was only on the market for 2 whole months of 2001. Max Payne was also on Xbox in 01.

one of the greatest shooters of all time? yea it had that

>one of the greatest shooters of all time?
Lmao, have you played this turd?

We also had KotOR, Fable and Morrowind. Those were really all I cared about plus all the multiplats. My family only had a shitty Dell Inspiron tower so PC gaming never really was a thing for me growing up.

now it's pretty outdated but back in 2001 it was revolutionary

Still one of the GOAT shooters. Cope.

Eh, revolutionary for people who didn't play games on PC. Half Life 2 was around the same time. It's more that Halo was at the right place for the right market

Wasn't it released on PC too? Or did it come later? I know I played it a lot but I never owned an xbox.

How it was revolutionary when there already were DOOM, Quake, Half-Life, OFP? This game offers nothing new, it's just boring linear fps with copied assets. The only reason why this game is "critically acclaimed" because Microsoft can afford to pay every critics in the world.

>battles with lots of smart AI
>diverse sandbox with lots of vehicles
>first game to make fps on controller not retarded
>very strong soundtrack

>2001
>System Shock 2

its 1999 retardo

Even better

>guy makes thread to bitch about Halo
>people come in defending it like he's not going to keep bitching
>he keeps bitching
What do any of you even get out of this?

I actually get sexual gratification from shitposting.

Halo, Halo 2, and Fable made the Xbox worth buying. Wasn't Morrowind an Xbox exclusive as well.

>console shooter
>good
Kek

Oh yeah and Kotor was a masterpiece too.

Good one

Attached: 60.gif (258x193, 1.42M)

QRD on what Halo 2 improves over 1?

Also a bunch of Sega exclusives.

>but back in 2001 it was revolutionary
How? In what fucking way beyond making it easier to play a shooter on console?

Half life 2 started the story focused game
Halo started the sandbox style shooter.

Both started a type of cancer, but I take sandbox over story

Better visuals, performance and narrative moments.
Halo 1 has better combat, environment design, enemies, encounters, sandbox, balancing, atmosphere ect.

>Halo started the sandbox style shooter.
What am I reading?

>Halo 1 has better [...] environment design, enemies
Jesus Christ

>current year vidya is such a wasteland that people have to go back to shitposting about console wars from 20 years ago

Attached: 1403914090303.jpg (553x600, 274.77K)

>muh covenant snipers that fly against the projectile based combat that made Halo 1 good
>muh horde mode sections spliced into linear tunnels with no room open areas for variation

Halo didn't have bots, maybe on the PC version.

I think he meant NPC in campaign. I don't know what so smart about them, even roaches in HL1 had better AI.

Wort Wort Wort move to the side when shit at and grunts running away was REVOLUTIONARY

Elites tended to do some pretty cool things. Everything else was dumb

I played Halo on co-op with my friend recently and it still holds up. If you genuinely don’t like it you’re jaded beyond repair and should quit videogames for your own sanity.