Your gaming habits?

Do you always finish games, or start a new game, quickly get bored and jump another one?
Do you play multiple games at the same time, or only one at a time?
What is the ratio of your time spent between new AAA releases, indie games, retro gaming, online, etc?
Do you only play specific kind of games, or alternate between different genres?
Do you only play single-player, multi-player or both? What ratio?
How many games do you typically start every year?
How many games do you typically finish every year?

Attached: 1612991218595.jpg (277x295, 9.8K)

I've been playing one game and one game only for the last 2 years:

That sounds a bit autistic but I'm not judging. What game?

Team Fortress 2 and yes I am autistic.

90% of my playtime is spent playing games i've already played.
i always think "oh this game looks neat, i'll start it after another XCOM campaign."
and then i never do.

Also forgot to ask: consoles or PC?

Why don't you play other games? Isn't TF2 shit since it turned F2P?
I still play L4D2 a lot myself.

i've been making a concerted effort to finish everything i start. i've been strict, even if that means a month for a 7 hour game lol

I've tried other games on and off for a while(had a war thunder phase for a couple months but I luckily managed to pull out of that train-wreck) but I always end up coming back to tf2. Idk sum it up to my autism but there's something about the game that keeps me coming back.

I used to be like this, 12k hours but pubs just aren't what they used to be with all the people casually using aimbot and not many community servers still around where I am

whenever I have the options of save slots I always go to the next empty or the oldest save slot, this is the only logical corse of action and anyone who uses only 1 or only the first row of save slots is an ape

I like it when i have 1 game to focus on. Then i move to the next one.
I don't play multiplayer games anymore, i find them a huge waste of time because i can play in a few maps only for so much before i start thinking that i am wasting time. I did finish the story for FFXIV up to Shadowniggers however, but that game is barely multiplayer anyway.
I finished 53 games last year.

I have red dead redemtion 2 and kingdom cum downloaded for over a year now
I played rdr2 and stopped when the gang got off the mountain, world seemed to huge and i had no idea where to go or what to do
I havent even unpacked kingdom cum
I played bannerlord a lot and age of empires 3, im grinding the card deck, i play it with some old friends over game ranger
I also played age of mythology, wanted to fi ish all campaigns but i stopped for some reason
I had the age of empires star wars thing
I get trashed by ai each time, played it 4 times

I tried managing more than one game lately to keep from burning out, but its not quite working out. Ended up with a backlog of 4 unfinished games and a game i've beaten over 10 times.

Attached: CHAOS.jpg (262x295, 10.47K)

Done this before, then tried to force myself to finish all my unfinished games all in a row. It's a very weird thing, but oddly satisfying to finish like 5 different games in a single week, finishing one gives me more motivation to tackle the other ones. Now I force myself to only do one game at a time but it can be tedious too. I say "force myself" like playing video games has become a chore.

Attached: 1628322581228.jpg (858x821, 122.56K)

A habit of mine is to listen to grind in games early on where possible to make the rest of the game a breeze. Furthermore, I listen to audiobooks while doing so, one related to the game where possible.

>Do you always finish games, or start a new game, quickly get bored and jump another one?
Generally I finish them, in recent years I have more and more trouble with that though. Currently I have started and still need to finish RDR2, KCD, Yakuza 0, Noita, Sleeping Dogs’ DLCs, Demon's Souls 2nd/NG+ playthrough.

>Do you play multiple games at the same time, or only one at a time?
See above.

>What is the ratio of your time spent between new AAA releases, indie games, retro gaming, online, etc?
More AAAs than indies, more [CURRENT YEAR] than retro, more single player than online.

>Do you only play specific kind of games, or alternate between different genres?
All kinds. FPS, RPG, a smattering of RTS, a few puzzle/other strategy-ish games.

>Do you only play single-player, multi-player or both? What ratio?
Both, maybe 3:1 single player versus multiplayer or higher.

>How many games do you typically start every year?
More than half a dozen, usually less than a dozen, I’d say. Fewer in recent years though, simply because there is more shit than gems.

>How many games do you typically finish every year?
Probably 75% of that. At least more than 50% though.

i try to play one new game only plus multiplayer games plus puzzles plus games i always come back to
if a new game is shit and i have identified why I'll drop it in a heartbeat, no obligation to finish it

Nice thread OP.
>Do you always finish games, or start a new game, quickly get bored and jump another one?
>Do you play multiple games at the same time, or only one at a time?
I want to always either reach mid-game or complete it before jumping into the next one, last games I brought were Arma Cold War Assault and Sniper Elite, SE I haven't played yet but Arma seems to be too janky for me, I really wished I could get into it but at this point I think i'll just have to remove it, don't really know how to enjoy the pace.
>What is the ratio of your time spent between new AAA releases, indie games, retro gaming, online, etc?
I only have pre-2012 games in my library since I really just wanted to play nostalgic games that I loved on my Playstation 2, I guess majority VALVe AAA and the rest Retro.
>Do you only play specific kind of games, or alternate between different genres?
Mostly FPS but i'm hoping to try out a few RTS games I found when the next sale comes.
>Do you only play single-player, multi-player or both? What ratio?
Singleplayer mainly and very few multiplayer only games, I do enjoy them and play alot, CSS, L4D2, DH, just goodies that you can't get enough of.
>How many games do you typically start every year?
>How many games do you typically finish every year?
Haven't bought a game since 2019....it's been a while but I used to start and finish at least 1-2 games per year, I like to enjoy them the most if possible.

Attached: 1643552672494.png (500x375, 125.07K)

Attached: 1639761813071.webm (1120x630, 3M)

>
HAHAHAHAHA

I find it hard to play more than 1 at a time. I hadn't usually played games that could be finished, recently been doing it more and enjoying myself. Seldom do I drop a game half way through, if I drop it its because the first 30m-1h were not fun

one main game and a side chick. Main game is always AAA team based FPS that I get on release and play for years. The side chick is always a low key zero drama co-op or sand box game.
I buy at most 2-3 new AAA games a year on release. Play them for a few weeks or a month, never touching the main fav games during that time. Games tend to be FPS or at least shooters. Thanks to Epic's free game of the week I have branched out and tried a whole lot of other games the last few years.
I still rarely finish a game being I just enjoy the experience of game in the now, I don't care if I see the end. If I get bored, I walk. I should get the MS game pass on PC and just accept that I'm not the guy who buys and finishes games. I'm a filthy dabbler cheating on his main game ever month or so.

Attached: MoneyPig.webm (1280x640, 2.41M)