So why'd they do it?

So why'd they do it?

Attached: 1643654582447.jpg (833x417, 132.84K)

>Sony buys timeshare in Bungie of all things
Because they're stupid and desperate and they fear the BGC.

Maybe as a weird flex to M$ buying the guys who used to do Halo? I dunno.

Because driving the hover bikes in third person was kind of fun and they can evolve it into another PlayStation exclusive third person shooter

Desperation, thread closed
Now post Bluey's mom

Attached: 1630971006475.gif (640x640, 1.5M)

Just grabbing at what scraps are left

Because they're making the jump into gaas.

are you the kingdom hearts bluey fag?

The irony is that conglomerations are almost never good for the end-user. The industry is getting ripped another asshole and Any Forums cheers like the sub-humans they are because their favorite corporation now has more power.

>Microsoft buying some clapped out slut of a company out of desperation
Lol
>Sony does the same in retaliation
Lmao

Seems like a pretty flaccid attempt to answer the Activision acquisition if that's indeed what this was.

The good news is that these shifts always end in a crash that might lead to a new golden age for the industry.

>Microsoft purchases studios:
We want complete control over your game publishing and exclusivity
>Sony purchases studio:
3.6B + 500M of debt, but please keep your independence Bingo-Sama.

>meanwhile Nintendo is off in a corner quitletly expanding and investing in their own internal studios instead of trying to buy IPs
As dumb as Nintendo might be about shit like fan projects at least they're not actively ruining the industry at the moment.

Sony is now just the financier of cross-platform games? Are Sony pulling a Sega on us?

I don't care, I play on PC and the best games of the last decade have been indie.

This, consumers are somehow more braindead than commies

Why not Crytek and save a few bils?

They literally said it in their press release.
They needed a studio that has experience with GAAS and online games.

Sony is retarded, Microsoft is going to win, they should just be saving up as much money as they can and pray Microsoft somehow shoots themselves in the foot. Blowing money on a losing battle is stupid. Sony is not going to win no matter who they buy.

True, but this is the economically biggest entertainment sector on the planet. That collapse might not happen for years or even decades, if it happens at all. Who knows they might simply be able to keep everyone docile and accepting.

Sony just got Halo onto their console seems obvious to me

Isn't Crytek owned by Epic already, and thus Tencent?

No way

There are things Sony could do, but getting into a money-cock fight with Microsoft was probably not the right decision.

Crytek is indie.

>Crytek is an independent video game developer, publisher, and technology provider based in Frankfurt, Germany
Doesn't seem like it

Oh, guess I got my sources mixed up on that one.

It's in 1920s Hollywood territory right now. Big "studios" with sweeping mandates. WW3 will probably sort it out.

Except this isn't a reality. It just encourages more independent players to want a share of the pie. People are complaining because Microsoft and Sony are buying but completely ignore the fact there are other new and upcoming publishers like embracer who own more studios than Sony and Microsoft combined and also new platforms entering the business like amazon and Google. Soon everything will reset itself and we'll have a fuck load of options in gaming again. And it'll just rinse and repeat itself.

Games died in 2017, why are you guys playing anything after?
Also do not upgrade to Microsoft 11, just don't.

>EA
No
>Capcom
No
>Square Enix
No
>Sega
No
>Konami
No
>FromSoftware
No

>Bungie
How embarrasing

Attached: 1642748568703.png (400x364, 147.98K)

>Amazon
>Google
Complete fucking failures in video games thus far excluding Google owning an app store

There is never going to be a WW3.

This is now the 3rd time Bungie has lied about wanting to do their own thing and not be tied to a big publisher