When was the last time you were *genuinely* excited about a game releasing? For me it was P5...

When was the last time you were *genuinely* excited about a game releasing? For me it was P5. That was half a decade ago.

Attached: 1641723423756.gif (256x406, 271.45K)

and it turned out to be garbage zoomer shit. shame.

>game bad because new

Attached: yeah.png (500x244, 139.1K)

If you can't explain why a game is bad without resorting to meaningless buzzwords your "opinion" is irrelevant.

right now

>extremely excited
Strangers of Paradise
Elden Ring
>excited
MH:Rise Sunbreak expansion
Dying Light 2
Horizon Forbidden West
Sifu
God of War: Ragnarok
>hope it's good
Forspoken
Lost Ark
Darktide
AI: Somnium Files Nirvana Initiative

Attached: exowife.png (542x751, 636.2K)

I wouldn't say it was complete garbage but it definitely made me realize that the formula was worn out and the plot and characters were so off the mark that not even the admittedly great aesthetics of the game could save it.

It was just a combination of somewhat unrealistic expectations and a 7/10 game.

Attached: 1516620797795.png (924x640, 153.81K)

P5 was the last time I was genuinely happy with vidya, it was my entryway into JRPGs and I was blown the fuck away by it
I dont think anything will come close desu

Attached: 1641900187652.jpg (457x396, 16.75K)

Persona ended at 2.

I just wanted more persona 4. You seem smart, why'd 5 feel worse?

Fuga: Melodies of Steel, Two Point Hospital, Puyo Puyo Tetris 2, Super Robot Wars 30, Demon Slayer, Stellaris Console Edition and so on. Up next: Star Ocean: The Divine Force

>Nier Automata
>Black Souls 2 DLC3
>Full Metal Daemon Muramasa
>Stranger of Paradise
Life's good

Endwalker

Attached: 1634534194601.jpg (2500x3163, 745.3K)

Elden Ring

The Sequel to the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (working title)

Attached: 1642888252702.jpg (512x282, 32.01K)

I know it's hardly the most unique take but the most concise I can put it is that it was to P4 what P4 was to P3. What I mean by that is that while the game inarguably became a better "game" it felt a lot more hollow and cheap than its predecessors, hollow because the plot, the characters and the team dynamic didn't click for reasons that I don't feel like explaining at length right now and cheap because of all the times the game jerks you off, or leans into moth-eaten anime clichés. Not that the other games weren't guilty of these to various levels but P5 was where it reached my limit.

Attached: 1532236654287.png (1600x900, 1.79M)

BOTW2 and Splatoon 3, though with Splat 3, I feel like I'd be even more excited if they had waited until a new console was coming out

When Nintendo finally shits out a fucking direct. It's already february.

Shadow Warrior 3 looks great.

That's easy, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2. It was easily the GOTY of 2020 and possibly the best Tony Hawk game ever, I wish it got a THPS 3 level DLC but it sadly never did.

Attached: tony game.jpg (800x1066, 140.76K)

I've only got three games I'm looking forward to.
>Stranger of Paradise
>DW9: Empires
>TW: Warhammer 3

Battlefield 2042.
After the gimmick games Hardline, 1, and V (All thought I do love 1), we were finally getting a BF game in a modern setting, which would hopefully bring all the vehicles, weapons, gadgets, customization and maps associated with a modern setting to play with.
I also thought Portal was going to provide so many options.
Instead, we got a semi-working game in a modern setting, with the bare minimum of features, and so many basic features, like servers, teamspeak and squad options, removed, and demos for 1942, BC2, and BF3.

I don't really care about new games because I discovered too many old games to play.

MGSV. I haven't been "hyped" for anything since and don't understand people who still get excited for things. Also I'm not trying to say that there haven't been good games released since then, I liked DMC5 and Sekiro, it's just that I never got hyped for them in the same way I did for MGS.

Attached: 1615941390660.jpg (890x534, 19.35K)

At this point I just wait to hear if it's good or not and pick it up on sale. Very rarely will I buy something new at full price unless I absolutely know I will like it

But it has saved Japanese game by getting metascore over 90, when Japanese game was in peril, in mid 2010.

DMC5 and Elden Ring

Attached: 1560743962551.png (326x421, 244.21K)

>half a decade ago
That can't be right, it came out just before I went to my first international conference for my phd.

Elden Ring

>P5
>Gravity Rush 2
>Nier Automata

That was the last hype train I was on. Such a good run that was.

MGSV.

Endwalker.

Other than that I stopped getting excited for a game release because I have been disappointed far too much. I keep track of game releases on a calendar but I don't follow any pre-release hype for those games. I have found my enjoyment of games through this method are a lot more than the ones where I follow the hype.

For example, I actually enjoyed Cyberpunk 2077. It had its bugs, it was wonky, things were wrong, but I had zero expectations for it other than "cyberpunk game."

Back when Nier Automata was announced. I even bought a PS4 for it which ended up being a mistake, but at least I could eventually hack it for free games

It's weird that one isn't already out, you'd think they'd have one before their earnings release two days from now, but they'll at least have something before the fiscal year ends