How is Hell Let Loose compared to RO2/RS/RS2...

How is Hell Let Loose compared to RO2/RS/RS2? I've been somewhat interested in this game for some time but it's expensive enough that I can't justify an impulse buy on it. There's a decent discount on it now so it got me wondering.

I liked the realism elements of the RO2 games where your weapon sways as you move, guns aren't balanced around their dps but more like their real performance and death comes quickly. The little things like being able to check your mag, option to manually bolt/pump your weapons and steadying your weapon on just about any surface are great. I'm wondering if Hell Let Loose could live up to that.

Attached: file.png (1024x1024, 1.43M)

It's great. Best shooter out there right now.

I played it for two hours and refunded. It's pretty big and confusing compared to Red Orchestra. The artillery barrages are very cool.

It's much more slower than RO2 RS and RS2

It can feel very formulaic once you know how to play it

All the things you said are present though, so you will enjoy it a lot, guns aren't "balanced" so caliber and muzzle speed are the main dmg dealers

For me? It was fucking terrible, nobody EVER warns you about how poorly optimized the game is. My rig exceeded the maximum requirements, but I still ended up getting random lag and framedrops. Plus a weird optimization bug where it never saved the resolution I'd set and I was forced to open up the game files and manually rewrite shit. Oh, and a minor issue with the gameplay itself: You ""Sprint"" at the pace of Molasses. HLL has the worst sprint speed I've ever seen in any open world game, ever. Buy it at your own discretion.

its garbage shilled by idiots on Any Forums.

FPBP
To elaborate in sperg mode, if you liked RO2 then you'll definitely enjoy this. Much the same in terms of gunplay and movement and thus ends up feeling pretty realistic and tactical, but has waaaay better teamplay mechanics on top of that. Local voice chat, squad voice chat, and a command chat exclusive to squad leads and the commander (who gets a better overall picture of things) means that the info filters up and down, and the team functions pretty organically and even a bit like a real military unit. there's a supply system which governs whether your team can deploy vehicles, call in bombing runs, or use the artillery pieces in your HQ, or antitank guns your engineers build on the map. If you play with people who know what they're doing it feels very authentic without being too difficult like full on milsims.
Maps are massive and the points you fight over change from match to match even in the same map so there's a bit of variety.
The cherry on top if you're an armorfag like me is that the tanking is amazing too. Needs lots of voice chat between your squad members to make sure you fight effectively.
11/10 would recommend

Attached: 1629788343421.jpg (386x386, 144K)

Oh, and to add on something: This user is very right. The game is incredibly confusing for new players, and the maps are fucking HUGE. You WILL be lost running around the game's maps trying to figure out where the hell you're supposed to be and how to play specific roles. That's also a major negative the playerbase of HLL magically glosses over: The new player experience is incredibly shitty.

You fucks wouldn't last 10 minutes in Battlefield 2, holy shit.

What are you blabbering on about, retard? I was there for BF2, stop seething just because not everybody thinks HLL is the best FPS ever, christ.

Can you pin down what you didn't like about it?

I feel like I could work through that if the gameplay is something I enjoy.

Noted. Looks like my rig is above recommended but it makes me wonder if the game is CPU or GPU heavy. I have an rtx 2070 and a ryzen 3900x so if it's a CPU heavy game I should be fine but if its GPU heavy then it might be a problem for me too.

All that makes it sound really good.

I felt like I was walking on rails. As in Day of Defeat Source or Day of Infamy. Nothing is destructible and people will always take the same path like Lemmings

I don't agree, if you just ask some people in voice chat they almost always are happy to explain shit. Also, with trucks and half-tracks added you just spawn in and hop in the back, 90% of the time you have a driver who knows where to go.
Another option is going squad leader as a noob to just put outposts down where you want and avoid running everywhere. If you're not on some sweatlord server you won't get in trouble for being a meh squad lead if you just ask for tips.

>Can you pin down what you didn't like about it?
Couldn't tell what I was supposed to be doing, and why there would be long stretches of death zones between me and the rest of the team up assaulting some objective. Team leader was whining some vagueness in the chat. I got in a truck thinking I would be a based transporter but nobody else was interested.

It's definitely something I would've been interested in a few years back when I was playing RO2/RS2 but now I'd just prefer something fun off the bat.

Play forgotten hope 2 instead

Sure you were bub

It's alright until you get a faggot with twitch.tv in their name who shows your game map to their 2viewer stream (one of which is the enemy artillerymen) and you get spawncamped with arty constantly.

That doesn't sound very good. It's been ages since I played DoD and I haven't played DoI so I'm not really sure if I get what you mean though. I guess RO2 had a similar element on some maps and if you positioned correctly with an automatic weapon you could just cut down dudes like crazy.

I can see why you didn't like that. RO2 was usually pretty quick to action at least on the better maps and if you died out of nowhere it wasn't that big of a deal.

A walking sims, but not even the fun kind
I rather play ss13 colonial Marines than it

Fuck off to Battlefield. The sprint speed is fine.

To the OP.

HLL is the best fucking multiplayer shooter that has come out in the last 15 years, IF you are willing to play by its rules and actively teamplay. It’s a game where you have to relearn FPS habits. No bunny hopping, slide canceling, 360 no scoping bullshit here. Someone is firing at your direction? Better take cover. It’s a game where you have an advantage if you use the environment well.

i got about 10 hours out of it so i thought it was an alright purchase. can't say i've played it much since the the first 2 weeks i owned it though. battlefield 5 is getting most of my attention because it's much more easy to get in to and just have a decent time, but the memorable firefights and moments of teamplay in hell let loose are far greater. playing with a mic makes it a lot more enjoyable as well

The death zones thing you mentioned is probably enemy recon squads. They're designed to go behind enemy lines, spot vehicles and supplies, and disrupt your teams shit, knock out garrisons and ops, etc. You also get retards fresh from Battlefield thinking the game is like conquest and sitting on an enemy captured point when they should be retreating, and that really fucks with the flow of the match in the "push" game mode, so there's that.