Why do people drop multiplayer games and move on to newer ones so quickly...

Why do people drop multiplayer games and move on to newer ones so quickly? In 100 years people will still be playing chess but the latest CoD will be long forgotten.

Attached: 1643702209011.jpg (250x228, 6.82K)

>the latest CoD will be long forgotten
indeed, and after all that time your SC2 ladder points will still be valid and there will still be matchmaking in less than 30 seconds like today.
SC2 is the chess of the 21st century, calling it now.

>inb4 brood snore
some of us actually like controlling our units thanks

Attached: muhrine.png (820x974, 280.95K)

begauz people aren't poo anymore like in 90s

2 factors: peer pressure and dev abandonment.

this was when I stopped playing CoD:
>like MW3
>Black Ops 2 comes out
>all my friends are gonna buy it, I'm not that interested
>everyone moves to BO2 so I'm all alone unless I buy it
>almost everyone gone, matchmaking takes longer now
>finally buy it and it sucks ass
and unlike chess, CoD without friends is extremely boring. So eventually almost everyone does it.

the other problem:
>of the few people left, half are hacked accounts with aimbot and some other game ruining shit
>new patches are no longer released
>old CoD is now unplayable, buy the new CoD

keep in mind this is mostly true for multiplayer games that suck without friends. You can still find matches on forums, discord, etc. and even meetups for Smash Melee, Smash 4 as well as Ultimate. There are people who still play shit like Minecraft alpha to this day. People still play Civ 4 and even Civ 3 with mods

Because chess is less expensive than playing a copy of Call of Duty ($20 vs, at minimum $70 for a used console plus game)

Attached: 1622268720203.jpg (1580x1452, 140.78K)

chess is free and can be played with scrap paper or even in your head

Even better. Tetris and chess are more popular because they are cheaper than CoD

We're still playing CoD4 and we like it

>dev abandonment
What maps or balance tweaks has chess received?

Because modern games don't have dedicated community servers.
You'll notice that on PC a lot of older multiplayer games are still regularly played, this is largely thanks to community servers that feel more like a local pub with regulars and a real community where people can both play a game AND shoot the shit with each other.
Basically what Discord servers are for zoomers, only in-game and hosted by (You) or a server rental service, not some giant corporation.

I'm talking about maintenance to prevent huehues using exploits from taking over. chess doesn't need any security patches because no one can hack Chess to give themselves aimbot. But I'm sure that the Chess app gets frequent updates anyway

Kill yourself frognigger

Attached: 1643677501311m.jpg (1024x576, 59.01K)

go back

DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT THE PRODUCT
CONSOOM PRODUCT AND GET HYPED FOR THE NEXT PRODUCT TO MOVE ON TO AND COMSOOM

Attached: 1643027198154.jpg (214x250, 10.27K)

>implying CoD will be around in 10 years, nevermind 100 years lol
>likes MW3
>Black Ops 2 comes out
>it sucks ass
Jesus you have shit taste.

had* shit taste. The truth is all CoD games suck, always did, always will.

>>implying CoD will be around in 10 years
Yes that's my point

Get into SSBM and you'll never need another multiplayer game again.

Modern games are built around the idea of them being disposable so you will keep buying new games. Its all the same game for the most part with slightly shinier graphics, slightly different mechanics, and a few new maps.

Welcome to games made in late stage capitalism.

It's just matchmaking systems, calm down tranny.

Don't you have the new FIFA game to buy right now?

No. The truth is taste is subjective and you're a manchild for thinking otherwise.