This the best pirate game around or something?

Sea dogs/age of pirates 2 (City of abandoned ships) with the gentlemen of fortune mod is the best pirate game in existence right?
I cant find anything that comes close...
Getting real tired of games only focusing on
>Muh graphics
To the point that games from the early 2000's are still better than anything available today..

Attached: 20220201174014_1.jpg (1024x768, 163.33K)

For one second I thought it was a meme edit of pokemon Legends arceus

Ass Creed Black Flag is pretty good

Sid Meier’s Pirates!

Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge

You cant even get new ships, Meanwhile i got 2 new ships since making this thred... Both pretty neat.

Attached: 20220201182331_1.jpg (1024x768, 209.57K)

Decent game, not even close to being as good as AOP 2 though.

pirates gold is still the best pirate game

How so?
AOP 2 with the GOF mod has around 1000 different ships plus 3rd person gameplay in a full freeroam map? Can do anything you want, be a pirate, be a merchant, English and kill French people, whatever.

you just call your every ship titan?
thats goofy

and yes Gentlemen of Fortune on Maelstrom engine is pretty much all there is for the 'mount and blade but with pirates' itch
a kitchen sink modpack for the 2009 rerelease of a 2002 game, running on a 2017 custom modernized engine that no longer public because of forum flamewars

That Pirates of the Caribbean game was quite fun I think.

Yeah had it on Xbox and I've got the PC ISOs, too.

i unironically enjoy sea of thieves.

The pirates of the caribbean game isn't the one i am talking about, that is the 2nd game, the one i am talking about is the 3rd game.
100% right though great game, i only found this game because i remembered loving that when i was a kid.

Attached: 20220201175327_1.jpg (1024x768, 148.13K)

I remember playing that back in the day and being super impressed with having to sail through dangerous storms.

The pirates of the caribbean game only exists as hard copys on xbox or as abandonware as far as i can tell, the comapny that made age of pirates just never cared after making city of abandoned ships it seems.
Most people seem to agree that CoAS and the next game after (Caribbean tales) are the best though, i say CoAS is best because Gentlemen of fortune pretty much adds all of Caribbean tales into the game + hundreds of fan made real life ships.

Hmm or i wonder if Disney won't allow the game to be re released?

ive been wanting a pirate game so ill download this. pretty easy to set up?

Not really takes a while, the base game works fine but i couldn't find a way to get gentlemen of fortune to work without downloading the latest version of the mod and the patch then manually moving the files into each folder, you can't shortcut it and just move the folders because it will delete most of the game files.

>Sea dogs/age of pirates 2 (City of abandoned ships) with the gentlemen of fortune mod is the best pirate game in existence right?
Unfortunately, yes.

Hopefully their new game is less jank.

That is what is annoying, Games have come so freaking far... Why can't we have this game with modern game mechanics?
Imagine if that assassins creed black flag game had all the mechanics this game does when it comes to ships.