How do you feel about obvious references to popular media in your video games?

How do you feel about obvious references to popular media in your video games?

Attached: 1643696865894.png (596x758, 1.07M)

Depends on the video game.
I definitely like the one in your OP, though.

i dont feel

Hah, clever design

Hah, cleaver desgin

Hah, beaver deisgn

Hah, pussy

Depends on what it's referencing. not all references are made equal, not of factors go into whether someone is deemed acceptable or not.

For your image even if you don't know what it's referencing it's still fitting on what the card does.

Epic, for the win.

something tells me Wizards made this Neon shit because someone there unironically believed CP2077 would be a success, and their blocks are planned years ahead.

Neon kamigawa seems pretty fucking stupid so are any of the gatewatch avengers gonna take any of this technology with them?

I want to sex the cutie rat ninjas

My favorite magic card is Forbidden Friendship
Look it up

>Kamigawa is just aping Shadowrun now
I fucking hate Wizards.

za warudo

Yes I get it you wanna fuck a dinosaur

That name is something that would in one of the Unglued sets as a joke.

Well, not him, but yeah.

besides being cringe its awkward
usually common removal lends itself to shorthand
>swinging in with my 3/3 menace
>yeah im gonna murder that
or defenstrate or bleed dry etc
gameplay with this card will make a doa joke even more stale
im surprised it got through testing

Not me personally, I just find it humorous that someone working at WotC does.

It's a common there's not too much thought put into it

Sets flavor-wise really went downhill back in 2014 when they shifted hardcore into pop culture and "relatable characters". I'll still play sealed with simulators and cockatrice but this company is never seeing another penny from me.

Attached: 1635257561342.jpg (346x360, 19.14K)

i was refering to limited gameplay, where black common removal is bread and butter

Many Magic the Gathering players ask the question; How do you feel about obvious references to popular media in your video games?

Every set in standard is getting more and more powerfull in terms of destuction. Yet all mythic rares have zero protection.

Wtf is up with that? Destroy creature and draw a card? When blue and red all have discard costs?

Original kamigawa flavor was too intelligent for mutts and they've stuck to surface-level flavor since Innistrad.

its really more; target creature gains deathtouch until end of turn and draw a card, seeing as it needs to be dealt damage to be destroyed. Which we've seen printed before.

Doesn't bother me if it's cheeky and fits the situation. The example you posted is fine since you don't even need to know the reference to understand it.