Piracy discussion comes up

>piracy discussion comes up
>several people all post pic related like clockwork
i'll admit i've pirated shit before but stop posting this damn quote you braindead retards.

we get it, but you dont need papa gabe to justify your piracy. it would be so much easier to just own up to piracy instead of doing these mental gymnastics.

Attached: 1636305813147.jpg (850x400, 46.59K)

Shut up nigger. He is right. It's far easier to spend $3 than to download a torrent, make sure it's not a virus and hope it works correctly.
Kys.

Fuck off, corporate shill.

Yeah, apes who try to justify their piracy are incredibly obnoxious

Attached: 1620319131244.jpg (687x819, 93.4K)

I stopped pirating after I got a job

>It's far easier to spend $3 than to download a torrent, make sure it's not a virus and hope it works correctly.
I've literally pirated games I already owned just so I wouldn't have to open steam.
I downloaded it from a russian torrent site entirely in russian before I decided to install it from steam, which was solely because I decided downloading the english version from steam was better than trying to play in a purely russian localization version of the game.

kek like user said, gabe is 100% correct. obviously there is also an issue of quality, some things literally aren't worth paying for. if you want to talk as a service problem back in the day cracking games you already owned was common practice just to avoid the annoyance of switching cds or other shit anti-piracy measures.

reminder that only redditors hate gaben

Attached: gaben.jpg (1700x900, 223.52K)

This, but all pirates are faggots. Buy the fucking game and support the industry you stupid retards. You're the reason why your hobbies are dying.

Based faggot

It's almost hilarious how insecure they are.

>You're the reason why your hobbies are dying.
yeah it was all the gaymers who caused the first video game market crash in the 80s too and not developers who would pump and dump garbage into the market. things that are worth paying for will be paid for. runescape is f2p and made over a billion dollars.

We get it user. You’re bad with your money

Gaming is better than it ever was in the early 2000s yet it wasn't profitable, you wanna know why? Because of piratefaggots. Every game company had to seek out alternative ways to make money because game sales weren't cutting it because people were just stealing the games anyway. So yes, the reason the industry is in the state it's in with NFTs and microtransactions all over the place is because you didn't buy games back when they were actually made for you. Stop pirating.

My friends and I have a codework for piracy of any product which is "buying it on steam"

>The reason games are a scam now is because they weren’t a scam before

Attached: 8BEBD3DF-67DF-43CD-8938-9CBF2313BF9A.jpg (260x260, 18.63K)

>provide good service
>people would rather pay for it than to try and acquire your product through unofficial means
WOOOOOOOOOOW

He's so based

i'd agree with this meme except i do make a point of buying games which i want to support even if ive already pirated them, particularly Japanese imports done by small localization teams.

games were mostly shit back then, they are mostly shit now.
then
>hey this mario game is good! lets make a mario clone and sell it for 80 dollars.
now
>hey this grand theft auto game is good! lets make a grand theft auto clone and sell it for 90 dollars with a special pre-order car and gold uzi for 130 dollars and add a 70 dollar season pass for dlc!
people will buy things that are good.

>implying people will stop fellating valve for any reason, on the valve safespace board

Games are a scam now because you didn't buy them when they weren't a scam, so now they need scam money just to stay afloat.

i quit pirating because its just easier to buy shit when its cheap, and that's all stores and launchers not just steam. only game i have pirated in the last 10 years is sims 4 because ea never offers any sort of bundle package for it so fuck them.