Why is Nintendo so overcredited and overvauled in the history of vidya?

Why is Nintendo so overcredited and overvauled in the history of vidya?

Attached: h9fiHmX.png (1677x1200, 2.81M)

The Simpson's may have done it first, but it doesn't mean they did it better.

Because they're still in business unlike half these fuckin companies so naturally people still celebrate shit they did?

I know this is just another dipshit consolewar faggotry thread but come on. This is basic marketing.

Attached: E-4XKb_WEAQEXYV.jpg (1334x750, 190.88K)

It's amazing nearly all of these are just flat out wrong

some of these are technically correct but the infograph neglects to mention the fact that sometimes nintendo literally just fucking did it better which is why they end up getting most of the credit. the fucking atari 5200 controller is not worth praising :(

Attached: Atari-5200-Controller-FR.jpg (2660x3420, 2.36M)

Tendies are a demented cult. This is coming from someone whose first console was an NES and who owns a Switch.

Tomb raider didnt have lock on targeting, it had auto aim. If you could lock onto something you could stand still and strafe it without shooting

By your retard definition Kingdom Hearts doesn't have lock on.

name a single thing in the tomb raider games you can lock onto that you dont shoot

Attached: 1616049472545.png (800x440, 444.94K)

>if you can't lock on to things you can't attack then it's not lock on
Damn, DMC doesn't have lock on. I never knew. Thanks for enlightening me, OoToddler bro.

you didnt answer the question

First off, that wasn't a question. Second off, your arbitrary criteria of being able to lock onto things that you don't attack is not relevant to actual lock on mechanics, nor is your attempt at defining it via giving the player the ability to strafe. Trying to change the definition won't make you less wrong. There's a reason only retarded game journalists from the 90s pretended OoT invented lock on. These are also the kinds of retards that thought Zelda was an rpg series.

>your definition of "being able to lock onto things" is irrelevant even though you cant actually lock on to anything except enemies

Attached: 1613084257578.jpg (1024x903, 70.42K)

I can't tell if this is a joke or if it's actual retardation. No, you don't need to be able to lock onto things other than enemies for a game to have lock on.

most of these aren't even widely claimed to have been done by nintendo first to begin with and are just there to pad the list

Tomb Raider doesn't have lock-on targeting, it has shitty auto-aim that you have to hope targets the enemy that presents the most immediate threat when they're grouped together.

Attached: 0 List of Charts.png (660x4772, 415.03K)

gotcha, so never mind the fact that you dont even press a button to do it or anything, and that you dont even look at the target when your shooting it unless its directly in front of you, its totally the same thing

Who the fuck thinks Nintendo invented the dual-analog controller? Everyone knows about the DualShock.

nintendo invented video games why would they not be valued

>invents exclusives by illegally threatening third parties if they sell on other platforms

It's a shitposting image at its very core. And the only reason it even remotely passes as otherwise is because none of the images shows the products they're citing.
If you flipped the text and images with each other no one would ever buy it.

You mean to tell me the Matell Intellivision's numeric pad wasn't actually a d-pad? Crazy