Do you think there are actual people on this board that think having multiple ways of finishing RPG quests is somehow a...

Do you think there are actual people on this board that think having multiple ways of finishing RPG quests is somehow a bad thing or is pic related just bait?
how much of the supposed video game discussion here is actually bait?

Attached: Screenshot_2020-07-08_v_-_Morrowind_-_Video_Games_-_4chan_s.png (482x100, 4.93K)

Must be a fan of JRPGs

If that guy is arguing that RPGs having multiple ways to finish quests shouldn't be a requirement for a RPG to be good, but rather just a nice quality about it, I agree.

Anyways, something I vehemently believe that a lot of people think is bait is that open world garbage, an already cancerous genre that is consistently destroying vidya, is particularly cancerous with RPGs. Fuck the Elder Scrolls games, fuck Fallout 3 onwards, fuck The Witcher 3, fuck Final Fantasy XV.

multiple paths to a finished quest just means wasted resources during development.

one path. spend the money elsewhere

>game is 100 hours long
>each quest has 3 endings
>game is 33 hours long

>game is 33 hours long
>end up playing for 200 hours
>game is 100 hours long
>end up plating 100 hours

>playing a 33 hour long game for 200 hours

are you retarded?

>this is bas
>list of "cancerous games" contains one of the best games of all time
Fallout 3 was bad but almost entirely due to the writing. Fallout has been open world since the first game.

Only if you play a semantics faggot.
A map system that has you travel between different areas isn't what open world garbage is
Neither Fallout 1 or 2 are open world garbage

What's the difference other than "it's old so it was good actually"
It's the same thing just realised within the engine limitations.

Minecraft is an hour long but almost everyone has put over 10 hours into it, and there's tons of people who've put over 100 and some over 1000.

The sense of scale is no longer retarded. An area that is not of interest is just a blip in a map system, you walk past it as if it were nothing in a much shorter time . In open world garbage, you spend much more time walking through the equivalent of that blip, and even more so if you're trying to explore the game for stuff of interest. Open world garbage is designed to pad the game and waste your time.
>Bro, just fast trave-
"Just skip over this part of the game" is not a good argument FOR that part of the game. If your argument is to skip it, then how about the developers skip making that shit?

And don't even get me started on when open world garbage tries hiding it by putting randomly generated encounters everywhere to pretend that somehow makes it compelling.

So, to continue on my previous post, no, it's not the same thing. One is fun, the other is a waste of time. They are different and should be treated differently. If the only reason open world garbage didn't exist back in the day was because of engine limitations, then it was a huge blessing in disguise, and it's about time developers start self-imposing those supposed limitations on themselves if they want to make games worth a shit. This is why indie RPGs nowadays are all much better than big budget RPGs. They literally don't have the money to fall for open world garbage.

>Minecraft is an hour long
man if you're gonna shitpost at least try

Where do you think you are

>gets btfo
>"s-s-stop shitposting"

>Fuck the Elder Scrolls games
Nigger that only applies for Arena - Morrowind. Oblivion/Skyrim has no choicing.
> Fallout 3 onwards
Fallout 1/2 had choices
Don't know about your other points, I agree with the sentiment however. Choices only matter if you're role playing/engaged in the politics of the game. I could give less of a shit of my choices in Infamous, but in Geneforge I got to thinking about which choice was right, even outside the game

There is like 7 video game related boards. Any Forums is just where people shitpost. I felt if OP really cared about the discussion they would pick a good board from the start.

The second line is no longer about choices. It's about open world garbage sucking.

What do you mean Minecraft is an hour long? A noobie hitting the credits is going to take a couple dozen hours if they know what they're doing and that isn't even the point. I do not understand, explain yourself.

>is this just bait
A question that is in and of itself bait.

Attached: 1455369870523.jpg (234x230, 10.64K)

Oh sorry.
> t. ESL

Point is people replay the game if it's good and more open ended.

>playing a game more than once
Tendie spotted.

Attached: 1544518067629.jpg (1024x576, 51.73K)

I understood your point, I don't understand your example

I haven't owned a console in 20 years, Nintendo cuck.

>I watched BBT and decided to become a geek, teehee
>Why these games aren't like movies?
>They should be movies