Is this game total dogshit or just otherwise just mediocre?

Is this game total dogshit or just otherwise just mediocre?

Attached: tttttttttt.jpg (307x323, 26.05K)

Somewhere between those two.

It's actually good.

i never played the older games, but from what i heard it’s really hated from the fans of the series. the game itself the really forgettable

Story is dogshit, stealth mechanics weren't terrible, only memorable mission was the asylum

yes

Attached: 1636747294283.png (968x1024, 401.33K)

It's insanely boring and designed around a shitload of HUD. If you turn off waypoints, you'll end up getting lost despite how linear it is because you won't know what's a ledge you're meant to contextually jump on to progress the game or just generic scenery.

Mediocre to most people, total dogshit to Thief fans.

It's $2 for a reason.

It's good, it's only problem is that it's rather linear compared to the old games and that it has cutscenes, that was enough to send the entire gaming community over the edge.

t. eidos employee

t. never played it.

>We want you yo play as a thief, but we dont want to force you to play as a thief
???????????

Attached: EuglQEO.jpg (840x833, 201.96K)

it is slightly above mediocre if you have never played a Thief game, and just mediocre if you have.
I think it's worth $3 though, just make sure to disable most of the handholding bullshit under custom difficulty settings.
but you already know all this, because you've made this thread a few hundred times.

Attached: stop.png (1082x58, 11.58K)

Attached: 1613129519844.jpg (1890x791, 154.92K)

I played it for two hours before turning it off in disgust.

I don't know what to tell you, then you're just picky or brainwashed.
It's one of the last good stealth games.

oh you missed out then dude, it gets good at exactly two hours and one minute in. shame.

It'd be a acceptable if somewhat lacking stealth game if it was standalone.
But it's being carried on the shoulders of giants and need to be compared as such

Attached: The final Thief game.webm (800x450, 2.86M)

thats bullshit lol

i spent hours looking for this specific post but i had to settle for a ttlg quote because squeenix shut down the stupid eidos forums :(
thi4f is a fucking atrocity, a blunt cockslap to the face of anyone who actually likes the originals and looking glass's design philosophy and it is the embodiment of everything wrong with the modern western aaa games industry. anyone who says that it's even remotely decent is a simpering drooling fucking retard who needs to have their posting rights revoked, it fucking sucked when it came out and it sucks ass now, your contarian revisionism won't work this time around because it is physically impossible for anyone with even a single brain cell to even like this bland soulless husk of a game. it's fucking dry cardboard in game form
ironically i'm not sure i would have played thief 1 and 2 when i did if it wasn't for the buzz thi4f got when it came out. at least i got something positive out of it

Attached: 1494634579920.gif (300x338, 858.96K)

good if you play it like a stealth game

You can use this argument for Dark Souls 2 apologists as well

FILTERED

Attached: thief 4.png (1047x1047, 1006.07K)