Incredibly soulful RPG filled with complex lore and tactical build-based combat, sets up an exciting new universe

>incredibly soulful RPG filled with complex lore and tactical build-based combat, sets up an exciting new universe
>generic cover shooter with no RPG mechanics, less features, and a pointless reboot filler story - soulless down to the cover art
What the fuck happened?

Attached: d5vdjs2-66f6cb59-929e-484d-9dc8-af0e46bf91aa.jpg (900x422, 487.83K)

Look at the bottom right of each cover.

Attached: me-trilogy.png (670x305, 393.69K)

God I wish microsoft bought them instead of EA

Mass Effect 2 > Mass Effect 1

everything gets dumbed down. i just replayed dragon age and it was the same.

i love how they pretend its some kind of epic trilogy when it still has that legendary insult of an ending

Me1 was always a cover shooter first and its rpg elements had the depth of a puddle. I really dont know why faggots wank the inferior cover shooter in the trilogy so hard. The LE thankfully remedies this.

>Mass Effect 2 > Mass Effect 1

Attached: 1636740850822.gif (400x250, 677.04K)

Ive never played Mass Effect but Im thinking of getting into it, since the triology is on sale. I enjoy RPGs and I love mechanics like KOTOR with its dnd system. Does Mass Effect 1 feel kind of similar to this? Do you think someone who enjoyed KOTOR 1 and 2 (and other RPGs like Baldurs Gate) would like Mass Effect?

Mass Effect 3 is the best game

Just pirate it and find out retard.

>the LE
>remedies
OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: mele.jpg (2292x711, 170.13K)

ME1 is soulful. ME2 immediately started catering to dude bros and you can see it but was ok. ME3 was garbage through and through and the grand finale is among the most insulting endings ever made for a video game. I'm talking conglaturations tier.

Attached: 1643072362011.jpg (269x283, 19.62K)

ME2 > ME3 > ME1

Disagree=Reddit.

>>the LE
>>remedies
>OH NO NO NO

Attached: volus.png (1024x512, 265.16K)

this but switch me1 and me3 because 90% of cringe moments are in 3

>remaster completely fucks up the lighting
Every time.

Attached: 1621015701821.jpg (1615x452, 322.43K)

Legendary edition is free on gamepass

This is still the biggest mistake Microsoft has made. Nobody thrived under Microsoft's tutelage more than Bioware. Not even Bungie. The Halo games were good and all, but the RPGs Bioware were putting out from Kotor to Jade Empire to Mass Effect were just a whole different level of talent and ability. Tragic ending to a beloved developer.

What cringe moments? Is it because there are gay romance options? I never even heard a gay thing from anyone but Steve talking about his dead husband.
If you got gay dialogue it's because you encouraged gayness somehow.

Imagine if mass effect stayed exclusive to xbox

Amazing how you can literally see the decline in just the first twenty minutes of each game.
>Mass Effect 1 starts with you exploring your ship, having several political, military, and lore-building conversations that let you roleplay, then going off on a slow-paced atmospheric mission to investigate a colony attack that turns out to be something more
>Mass Effect 2 starts with a scripted on-rails sequence of your ship exploding, you dying to hecking epic piano music, then being revived two minutes later to immediately start shooting at robots through explosions
>Mass Effect 3 tries to reign it in a bit but two minutes into your trial it's BWAAAAA Inception sounds as the Reapers destroy Earth with hella lazers as you run across rooftops and shoot things in yet another on-rails action scene
God, this series went to shit.

Attached: 1643422615419.jpg (788x596, 55.38K)