Halo

>Find the halo, win the war
I have never played a Halo game. Is this really the plot of the series?

Attached: 1620498689298.png (616x353, 275.28K)

Yeah pretty much, its pretty fun.

Sort of. Not really.

Yes, no.

It is the story of an autistic man and his never-ending struggle to save his virtual waifu.

nobody ever activates a halo in any of the games, so no

Delta Halo is activated at the end of Halo 2 and 04B is activated at the end of Halo 3.

Halo 3 they activate it

More like
>Find multiple Halos
>Half the Covenant finds out they're being lied to by their leadership and go into civil war mode
>Humanity allies with ex-Covie faction and just barely manages to survive

343 could have done something interesting with post Halo 3 humanity being a weakened husk of itself reliant on ayy lmao support to even continue living but instead they just made humanity powerful for no reason. Talentless hacks.

>halo 3 is 4 bucks
Does anyone still play it?

Yeah there's still tons of players. CE and 2 have the lowest playerbase, 3 and Reach the highest, and 4 is in the middle I guess.

(me)
also I forgot to mention that I'm just talking about the matchmaking playlists. A lot of people also run Custom games and you can find a lot of lobbies through the custom games browser as well outside the official matchmaking.

No the first game starts with them randomly discovering a Halo while they flee from a Covenant attack

Have they added custom lobbies for Halo 2 yet? Or is that a never ever situation?

I don't think so. Not yet. They currently have custom lobbies for Reach, CE, and 3 at this point. 4 and 2 are still being worked on.
List of content 343 has promised:
- Custom browser compatibility for 4 and 2 custom games
- Modding tools for Reach and 4 (all others already have them)
- Eventual steam workshop compatibility for mods (so people can just download and play whatever)

Cool. Hope the lobbies do eventually happen. Playing Halo 2 BTB back in 2005 was some of the most fun I had with console games.

sort of, they aren't even looking for a halo in the first one they just kind of crash land on one by happenstance. It's more about finding the Halo to stop the Covenant from using it so they don't immediately lose the war.

Anyone think they'll shut down mcc before halo 5?

No because MCC released (on pc at least) much later than Halo 5. Also as soon as the "new" factor of Infinite wears off the majority will come back to MCC. Infinite has no modes no maps and charges money for things that used to be free.

>Is this really the plot of the series?
No. It's actually more of a horror story.

>halo is a horror story
the only like one or two "horror" levels and it's when you first meet the Flood in CE, after that they're basically just another enemy you shoot down. kind of hard to have a horror game when you're playing as an apex super soldier with a bunch of cool weapons

>kind of hard to have a horror game when you're playing as an apex super soldier with a bunch of cool weapons
True, but it uses those elements because the Covenant are genocidal maniacs who actually believe their own bullshit.