Literally nothing else like it on the market

Literally nothing else like it on the market

Attached: Cotton panties .jpg (1280x1024, 197.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/1164940/Trepang2/
store.steampowered.com/app/853770/Maximum_Action/
community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/789-directinput-fps-fix/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>point guns and shoot

wooooowww bigg fukin woop you wanna gold star for game mr.johhny origonal??
fuckin dumb ass shit

2 had the best plot
1 and its expansions had the best overall gameplay
3 was garbage
4 will never be made :')

Maybe that's the way it should be. Think about it, they tried to recapture that feeling 4 times now at least. Extraction Point is well-regarded but Perseus Mandate, Fear 2, and Fear 3 all all leave a variety of bad tastes in one's mouth.

Would Alma (adult) make a good wife?

Attached: yolki Lady K.png (880x570, 509.92K)

>fps horror game
uhhh re7?
uhhh re8?
uhhh dead island?
uhhh cry of fear?
uhhh alien isolation?
uhhh fnaf security breach?

For Becket I mean

Attached: Yolki Lady K2.png (502x894, 443.16K)

It could have been the /x/ FPS monster-of-the-week franchise, but they just had to beat the Alma plot to death.

Honestly making a game like FEAR probably isn't too hard, conceptually

One of the biggest parts of the gameplay that makes it fun is how visceral it is. Shoot someone in the head with a shotgun? Explodes into red mist. Shoot someone in the arm with a pistol? Their arm swings back from the force of a bullet. Shoot the wall? It explodes into debris. Throw a grenade? Shit flies all over the room.

The main part that makes it fun to play once you realize that the AI is just your above average AI that yells out everything to seem immersive, is that whenever you shoot shit, shit happens. The environment and enemies all respond to the pandemonium you're bringing, and nothing since has really captured the immediate feedback you get from shooting a shotgun in FEAR.

Attached: 1322531081268.jpg (800x542, 88.54K)

Too bad that the fear series never realised it's own potential . It would have been cool to see the squad have some other plot. Every game a new story. Yeah yeahy alma, armacham, the fat guy, clone soldiers, ghost, nuke, it was all cool, but 1 game is enough.
How about Fear just restarts with every new game, as if nothing ever happened? After all, a bunch of guys died...
Restart and make the fear team respond to other paranormal activities?
P.S.: everything after fear 1 never happened.

I will actually suggest a couple games I think are similar.
>dark horror game by the same devs
Condemned Criminal Origins
>pc/console shooter with some unique-ish ideas
Singularity
>atmospheric horror shooter
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

Attached: Singularity_cover.jpg (220x313, 19.92K)

you unironically wouldn't get it, it's not your fault

got any hopes for this anons?

Attached: 3151970-6846541489-heade.jpg (460x215, 52.19K)

it still has the best combat out any fps to date.

Hush now, Mr. Moody. The time for talk is done.

Attached: Fettel.png (1920x1080, 1.89M)

>making a game like FEAR probably isn't too hard, conceptually
i wonder why there aren't any *inspired by FEAR* indie or small studio games. It seems like something everyone would trip over themselves to buy and since the graphical bar is so low to clear pretty much any retard could do it. Hell the bright memory chink made a game that looks better than some triple a titles and he's just a chink with some spare yuan

Literally, the only good thing about 2 is the sex scene. Everything else was pure pain and shit. 3 is less bad but still shit. At least that had some minimal fun time to time.

>*inspired by FEAR* indie or small studio games
There are
store.steampowered.com/app/1164940/Trepang2/
store.steampowered.com/app/853770/Maximum_Action/

>Literally, the only good thing about 2 is the sex scene
The school level with the ghost attack was pretty cool

CHAPTER

FUCKING

Attached: The House.jpg (1440x900, 607.57K)

..damn it.. could have told me earlier. Now I already centered my game around big tits, wide hips, thighs and upskirts.

If you play the horror sections as intended (i.e. without spamming slow mo like a bitch every time you get jumped by an enemy) then 2 gets a lot more fun.
In fact I think if the devs just randomly disabled slow mo during the school, underground lab, and nuked city parts everyone would love the game a lot more.

FEAR is too scary 0/10

I doubt they would have been able to pull that off. Hell, they couldn't even make a worthy sequel despite the game being relatively straightforward.

>it's been an entire decade
time fucking sucks

It hurts

Attached: Underhell.webm (854x480, 1.81M)

as silly and out-of-place as the mech segments are, I have a real soft spot for them
fucked up how we'll never got Shogo 2

you'll still make a million dollars user

Gonna have to disagree on Singularity. I bought into the meme and picked it up on a sale.
>No subtitles so you don't know what someone said half the time
>Upgrade system is a bitch and it takes forever to get enough material to upgrade things
>Time travel mechanics are not very interesting
>Enemies hit like a truck while you take forever to mow them down
It needs a remaster badly just to make it bearable.

Holy fuck sauce!

gameplay wise it gives me half life vibes, a little clunky, but still very enjoyable.
The story is good though - classified military experiment gone wrong and all. (Don't want to spoil it. Also has a trippy element to it since it was made before iphones and modern day computers; they use clunky alienware laptops to go explain the story, kind of like how bioshock does it with radios.)

It's worth trying out if anyone is on the fence. Read this before hand though, there are fps problems, but it's an easy fix:

community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/789-directinput-fps-fix/

The fix works for extraction point as well, not sure about pm; haven't got there yet. I'm getting like 900 + fps on my 3090 LoL, but also feels really good at 240fps with vsync on.

Look closely at those 2 posts

Attached: 008.jpg (1280x1789, 594.16K)

Why are source games so soulful

It greatly shames me to admit that I like FEAR 2 better than FEAR 1, specifically due to the art style. But I can still remain neutral enough to say that FEAR 1 is objectively the better game.

The game looks worse though

Well teaches me to keep my eyes open.

The art style is literally why it looks worse today

Yes, but I like the art better.

Singularity was scrapped together from a pre-alpha tech demo in like six months, it's very much a "what could have been" sort of game
there's a world where Raven didn't fuck up the development cycle and get turned into a COD map farm, but it's not the one we live in