Mario Party Superstars DLC

What are the chances of there being DLC for Mario Party Superstars?

It seems like the most lucrative path NDCube can take.
>It's the second best selling Switch game for this week only behind the new Pokémon game.
>This game rides off the legacy of the previous MP games and people's nostalgia for them == work is already done for them.
>DLC would bring back a lot of the playerbase and vidya gaymers in YouTube would make videos about it == more interest and sales
>It would be weird for them to make another Superstars-esque game since a lot of the most iconic minigames and boards were already used in this one.
>DLC would give them time to make a good new MP game.

Thoughts?

Attached: 20220131_224917.jpg (4032x3024, 2.19M)

Bump

Attached: 1643610457722.gif (288x159, 400.28K)

I just want more mario party, whether that be dlc or a sequel

I’m a sane world you definitely would get a few more boards. In the world we live in it will get absolutely nothing for 2 years and then Nintendo will make a tweet that they added a new item you can get from the hidden spaces.

Why make a sequel so soon when they can just remake classic boards and people would eat it up? They could focus their efforts on making the next SMP an actual good game.

Attached: 1643404455545.gif (320x240, 2.09M)

I think it's a certainty honestly the game is only two months old so of course there won't be news for a while.

I bet we'll see like a 2 board 20 game DLC for $29.99 or something along those lines and a second set of the first one sells.

>What are the chances of there being DLC for Mario Party Superstars?
Nearly guaranteed. There was already DLC slots datamined and the game is classified as "having in-game purchases" on the e-shop.

That's true. Nintendo politics are retarded. They greenlight DLC packs for Luigi's Mansion 3, a game that's mostly a single-player experience, but possibly won't make DLC for what's arguably the best MP in years that rides off the legacy of the classics.

Attached: IMG-20220128-WA0004.jpg (899x1599, 141.89K)

>Characters
>Nabbit, Pauline, Boom Boom, Pom Pom
>Boards
>Mario's Rainbow Castle, Western Land, Chilly Waters
>Optional Helper Gameplay Element
>Recruit monster characters to give you special dice bonuses

I think DLC would be successful because of the nature of the game. It's kind of like Call of Duty zombies in that regard. If people you play with/your friend group gets the DLC, you'll likely get it yourself just to play with them to not feel left out. I've seen people buy CoD zombie packs and maximum played those maps like twice.

No point adding new maps without any new mini games.

They didn't support Super Party after release, why would they this?

They'd rather pump out new games than Add-on Content.

Sure, sure. I just wasn't about to go rattling off a list of minigames since most of the ones I want are in already. Although co-op 4-player games making a return might be cool... Running of the Bulb in particular was a favourite of mine.

Because SMP was a rushed product (it was initially just a 2-v-2 experience but they made maps playable for free for alls) and it can only be played with joy cons, so impossible to play with Switch Lite. They added Online functionality month after when they definitely didn't need to. Superstars is a different case.

They need to delete Tropical Island and Birthday Cake because they fucking suck. I'd trade both of those for chilly waters and western land anyday

Yeah exactly. There are only 2 strategic maps in the game. Horror Land and Space Land. Woods too kinda but the Moles make it hard. That's why everyone online plays those 2 specifically. They'll only play PBC and Yoshi's when they're dead tired of those 2 maps.

Horror land is fucking unplayable with the chomp whistles and lucky spaces. Wish I could turn them off. Birthday cake is actually comfy as fuck and interesting with the Monopoly take on a map. Space land is the generic piece of shit that can go.

We're playing next weekend right bros?

Only thing I dislike about Space Land is how close together some of the Star spots are. I've seen people get 3 stars in a single turn, which is pretty gay sometimes. Horror land is good and PBC is certainly overrated by not a map to play often.

>It's the second best selling Switch game for this week
We literally have months of sales data and this is what you go with?

Hell yeah.

It's selling well in general

It selling well means fuck all for DLC. Super sold amazingly well and it got jack shit.

Underrated*

Why would they make DLC for a game that got refactored to be a "traditional" Mario Party game and can't be played by Switch Lite users? They added Online 2 years after the game's release, so that's something.