What are some problems with gen 1 that aren't on this list...

What are some problems with gen 1 that aren't on this list? Whether objective or subjective issues it doesn't matter post it.

Attached: cad9bb_3856475.jpg (893x1200, 356.94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Fight_Safari_Zone_Pokémon_trick
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why does anyone have a hate boner for the beginning and end of the series?

>fucking censored
hello redd*tor

redditor ver lmfao

This reads like a high schooler wrote it which is sad because only boomers actually care about stuff like this.

How did funnyjunk have a non censored version

Attached: based.png (1200x1613, 1.26M)

Forgetting to put an enemy spawn table for the Cinnabar Island area is a pretty infamous fuckup. Normally it's not too bad since it just uses the table from the previous zone (which can end up with weird shit like land pokemon in the water, but not a big deal) but anything that scrambles your encounter table, like the pokemon catching tutorial old man causes it to glitch the fuck out

>BRO IF YOU USE AGILITY AFTER PARALYSIS YOUR SPEED GOES BACK TO NORMAL. THIS IS BAD.
>BRO IF YOU USE REST TO GET RID OF PARALYSIS YOUR SPEED STAYS REDUCED.

Well what the fuck do they want to happen? lmao

The way that official meta-game sources describe how it worked, and the way it was obviously intended to work, and the way it worked in all future pokemon releases (baring some future nerfs to the effect much later in the series).
Paralysis is supposed to be a static 0.5x multiplier for your speed stat which is unrelated to all other speed modifiers so long as you have the status.
If you use agility while paralyzed, the result should be your "normal", unmodified speed (0.5 * 2 = 1). If you use rest to remove the status, the result should be your original, unmodified speed.

So if you go to the Safari Zone, then immediately fly to Cinnibar afterwards, then surf the coast, you can catch Safari Zone Pokemon with the normal combat mechanics?

>official

>toxic turns to normal poison on switch
Isn't this an intended mechanic? I thought that's how it always worked past gen 1 too.

Nobody who doesn't have autism cares about this shit. Gen 1 & 2 were peak soul. Seethe.

Yes, however my explanation was somewhat wrong.
To clarify, the Cinnabar DOES have a monster table for WATER, but not for LAND. However, due to a programming mistake, the water tiles that is touching land to its LEFT (so, sailing along the east coast of the island) will trigger battle as if you're on land. So, if you go to safari zone, then immediately fly to cinnebar, then sail along it's east coast, you will indeed fight safari zone monsters.
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Fight_Safari_Zone_Pokémon_trick

>the way it worked in all future pokemon releases
i have bad news for you time traveler

too many pokemon desu

Prove it. They are outdated irrelevant games with superior remakes.

Why isn't toxic its own special status effect separate from poison?

Not him, but I'll help prove I don't care by closing this terrible thread. cya.

It is in the other pokemon games. It's just treated the same as poison for other moves that specifically mention poison though, like Venoshock

>The problem with Gen 1:
>[edge case bugs you'll probably never see except for the focus energy bug, badge boost, and 1/256]
Pretty small problems all things considered.

Does it say toxic though instead of poison when the effect is shown?

wonderful

From what I remember, in most of the pokemon games I think the way they differentiated is that it says "badly poisoned" instead of "poisoned", and the poisoned status icon was a darker shade of purple.