What's Any Forums's opinion on Hunt Showdown?

What's Any Forums's opinion on Hunt Showdown?

Attached: hunt.png (1004x716, 890.46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198120022872/recommended/594650/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kraut gaming at its worse.

The worst kind of PVP autism which is a shame because I'd love a fleshed out coop campaign with Hunt Showdown's mechanics.

One of the best shooters on the market. Fun and responsive gunplay. Lots of well-balanced guns, none are too strong or without weaknesses outside of the Lebel and Mosin, and even those are skill cannons. Great map design, both on the macro scale and in the individual compounds. Focus on sound and sightlines over aim makes things really fun. Huge amount of content for its asking price so games never really get old. Unique aesthetic and theme. Challenging without being unwelcoming. Refreshing focus on minimalism in terms of combat but lots of room for skill and unique tactics. Emphasis on sound in particular is extremely unique for this genre.

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198120022872/recommended/594650/

Just watched some streamer crawl around for 15minutes before getting head shotted by someone just camping a corner and losing everything he'd collected

Not sure if that's fun

I like it so much that I spent a couple minutes with the reply box open, trying to think of something bad to say about it because this is Any Forums. Nothing really came to mind. I guess I wish there was a pure solo mode, but I'm not even sure that's that big a deal.

Anyone who plays that slow deserves to die. Its extremely easy to headshot someone crouchwalking. You can sprint around most of the map.

He was playing wrong. That's exactly what happens if you crawl around and play like a bitch.

please stop making good posts

is there finally a pve mode or campaign? I don't want to play pvp with autists, only coop with my friends

I loved the original concept. This game would have been soooo much better, if they just comitted to what the game was originally supposed to be about. It was supposed to be a dark brutal game, where the only way people would be able to achieve their objective would be, if they worked together. Hard-core slow-burn kind of shit. A group of grizzled hunters accepting a bounty for some hellspawn deep in the bayou, using every skill they have in order to out-wit the ghouls and hell-hounds have wights and other nasties that exists in them swamps, in order to achieve their objective and get their bounty. Sounds pretty great, right? Well, we didn't really get that. We just got another fast-paced adhd-type action pew-pew.

No. Just play with your friends and pretend the other hunters are just really good npcs.

Hunt Paydown is a shitty game

fun until you git gud and reach high MMR then every gunfight is just long ammo. Also has fundamental flaws for a multiplayer game that the playerbase just ignores for some reason

>hit reg favors the client in a game without region lock
>steep learning curve with no replay system
>permadeath game with with again no replay system forcing you to rely on the games shitty anticheat

Yeah sitting at comfy 3-4 star MMR is where it's at. You get people running shotguns, winnies, karabiners, martinis, etc. You get actual tactics and memery and good times. 5* and above is like, "I just heard a branch break, let me just 240 degree turn flick headshot someone". Only person I've seen who can make high level gameplay look fun is Neenoh and that's because he consciously handicaps himself.

I'll contest your last two points in that I think the game has a very gentle learning curve. The tutorials are all really great. The only thing that sucks is that the game has a lot hidden knowledge, like the lack of bullet drop.

>no bullet drop
>in current year
Why?

Game has short sightlines and bullet velocity already requires you to lead shots.

It's pretty unique, I wish there were more PvPvE shooters like it.

user if you experienced the games netcode you wouldn't want bullet drop. It's buggy enough as is.

The crosshair centered on the lower third of the screen is kino.

need a deathmatch mode to practice pvp

Casual piece of shit game
>play it during some free weekend many years ago
>buy it years later not remembering anything
>don't like it, ask for a refund
>They counted playtime from free weekend years ago and refused to refund

I got scammed.