How do you prefer your translations?

How do you prefer your translations?

Attached: 7A5E939D-EA42-48C6-82A3-100A4E200176.png (1624x945, 169.45K)

i don't care as long as the story is enjoyable to me

I'll make my cock enjoyable to your mouth, if you know what I mean

Woolsey for sure

Why aren't games translated or localized by Japanese-Americans who are fluent in both languages?

Fucking system thinks I'm spam for some reason, so here's a shitty PNG of what I wanted to write out.

Attached: Capture.png (1310x754, 169.15K)

Why seek out specialized workers when they can get it close enough with the workers they have?

because you say the buzzwords at the end you retard. It does look like a bot spam post

I prefer them when SJWs don't insert their stupid beliefs.

interesting

Fuck. Me mocking people for being uninventive has made me uninventive. Ironically being an idiot is still being an idiot - I fell for the oldest trick in the book.

Because twitter randoms charge cheaper and people accept it anyway

What did he mean by this?

KISAMA

The problem with you faggots is that you think its your job to be a writer and entirely chanfe a characters persona.
We don't want Engrish or unreadable garbage like your example in the first paragraph. Stop pretending we do and misrepresenting the position of people who have a problem with translators.
We dont want "hah" to be tranalated into "LOLZ OMG WTF!!! *hair twirl*"
You aren't writers. If the original is unfunny or poorly written in its original language, it should be so in the translation. Don't try to "fix" something that isn't yours.
Just change the language or fuck off.

>first paragraph
sorry, second paragraph

Very chewable mouth

>for some reason
It's your buzzwords, newfag.

Joking aside, I'm not misrepresenting arguments. The 'literal translation' crowd is definitely, absolutely a vocal part of what these threads often devolve into. It's probably the minority (as I assume almost all of Any Forums's loudest opinions are), but it is one that gains a foothold in these threads, so I wanted to cut it off from the get-go.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not defending shitty translations at all. FF7's original translation is fucking awful, as are most of the original Final Fantasies.

My overall point is that 'localization' is actually much better than you'd think and the specific alternative of 'direct translation' is much, much shittier than some here imagine.

>newfag
Man, I wish. I'm just a fucking idiot who doesn't post often. Didn't realize that those words got flagged. I'm all for insulting everyone, so I'm glad that we're having to put some creativity into it.

hiiii, kussooo!
kono kari ha hanarazu kaeshimasuyo!

This pretty much sums it up. If you can't do a direct translation or you are unable to find something that's extremely close to the original meaning, then you shouldn't be a translator in the first place.
I'm guessing a better translation would be

"hiiii, shit !
I'll definitively return the favor.

>hanarazu

I prefer them done by a team of white heterosexual men, thank you.

Zero people argue for translations like "not finished" instead of "excuse me".
Every argument I've seen has been for the translators to stop fucking up the characters behaviors and attitudes and to let bad writing be bad.
inb4 "I do"

>If you can't do a direct translation or you are unable to find something that's extremely close to the original meaning
There are happy mediums usually precedented by prior translators. For example, "今日は人の身明日は我が身" as "What chances to one man may happen to all." Basically the point of translation is to accurately convey meaning between languages in a way that is both comprehensible and pleasant to read, not to present an autistic and painstaking dissection of foreign phrases and grammar.