Have never played a game that comes close to the quality of Red Dead Redemption 2...

Have never played a game that comes close to the quality of Red Dead Redemption 2. This game is a masterpiece beyond doubt, and blows me away every time I play it.

No game like this will ever exist again, and there is no way that Rockstar or any other developer will sink 10 years and 500M into a pure passion project.

Attached: red-dead-redemption-2-review-feature-header.jpg (1920x960, 387.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mEF9-_E1OXE&ab_channel=TheOddSusie
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

burns way too slow, gets boring.

Based truthposter. This is the highest quality game ever crafted and no game thus far has ever topped it, no matter what contrarian retards on Any Forums screech

I hope gta6, if they really do it and not focus on gtao2, scratches that itch in a city setting. I want a whole new city or at least an expanded vice city

youtube.com/watch?v=mEF9-_E1OXE&ab_channel=TheOddSusie

>there is no way that Rockstar or any other developer will sink 10 years and 500M into a pure passion project
because it'll be done much faster and cheaper in UE5

Agreed. An experience unlike any other

persona 5 royal

It's great, and I love it, but Rockstar has an ancient understanding of mission and level design. RDR2 is an open world game and it's really fun when you're just out and hunting, but as soon as you do a gang mission, you feel like you're playing a movie game. The shooting being really good makes up for it most of the time, but any subsequent playthroughs of the game really highlight how one dimensional the mission design is.

Not true, you're just parroting that guys youtube video. The missions constantly change up the dynamic of the game and there are plenty of moments that come out of nowhere.

Tell me how you'd improve the mission design.

It was on sale on Steam, 50% off. Picked it up a week ago or so. Its so good. Polished, high quality. Its honestly kind of insane how much there is in this game. Glad I waited to buy a good computer to play it, because its utterly gorgeous.

Do you guys play on KB+M or Controller? I think I am finally used to KB+M but the Cinematic Camera seems wonky. Isn't it supposed to have the horse auto-run on the road? Mine always veers off.

either underrage or a midwit
the game design could not be more outdated. it's simply not fun. go watch a movie

>Isn't it supposed to have the horse auto-run on the road? Mine always veers off.

Start riding and let go of W when you activate the cinematic camera. Horse should autorun to your marker.

t. watched one youtube video

My girlfriend isn't much of a gamer but she has been totally obsessed with this game. I can't get her off my computer. She got to the epilogue today.

I genuinely enjoyed the shit out of RDR2. My first playthrough lasted about ten weeks because I just enjoyed it so much. But the people who say the missions are linear and more like interactive movies than anything else are pretty spot on. Honestly, the open world cowboy role playing is a lot more fun than some of the missions if not most of them.

the attention to detail in RDR2 is unparalleled. can't believe they managed to pull it off on the ps4

Red Dead Online has more modern mission design and it sucks.

t. played 10 hours and quit
t. not my first rockstar game

it might have the most satisfying shooting i've ever played. the weapons really feel like they're throwing weight. shooting a guy in the shoulder with a revolver and watching him spin around, stumble realistically then fall over in a heap is extremely satisfying. i will say the pump action shotgun in RDR2 is the best shotgun in gaming. fucking this is an absolute war machine

They also have the best bow in all of gaming. That damn sound it makes is so satisfying. And the hit sound.

Oh that makes sense. Thanks user. Guess you play on Keyboard then?

I'm still early on, but the double barrel, with an upgraded long barrel and slug rounds is incredibly satisfying. I love that double barrel.

Yeah the bow is pretty good, but I find myself using dead-eye with it constantly because I don't want to miss.

newfag doesn't even know hot that meme works lmao

>veering even slightly from the designated path triggers mission failure state
>cannot turn off skinning and looting animations after they become tedious
>wanted level too easily triggered
>mask/bandana is fairly useless
>barren upper part of map
>barren western part of map during the epilogue
>health/stamina core system upkeep becomes tiresome busywork
>Hot/Cold clothing system seems pointless
>camp upgrades are largely wasted money
>money itself becomes pointless in direct contradiction to the storyline
>morality system often seems underdeveloped and disconnected
I still like the game okay, but these are some genuine criticisms I had, particularly the rigid mission paths.

>stare at a horse's ass: the game
lmao

Attached: 1634163852702.png (428x291, 7.56K)

Actual valid criticisms and I love RD2, guess nothing is perfect.

Honestly, the health and stamina is fine. For me, its the Dead-Eye meter. In Red Dead 1 I always felt I had a lot of it. If I ran out, I would just shoot some dudes without dead eye. Now in 2, I feel like I never have any and I barely get any back for killing

I liked RDR1 better

Yeah it really frustrated me how donating money to the camp did fuck all. I drop two grand in the camp chest and all I get is a little honor boost. Why the fuck would I donate anything else? Not that it particularly matters regardless since money is completely useless once you have all the weapons and clothing.

One of the most amazing fucking games ever created, no doubt. All you haters can all go and suck a fucking dick. My life literally became a little bit emptier and poorer after I finished this game.

think of it in context though, donating $5 would've been a huge donation at the time. donate little bits to the camp stash so people shut up about you never contributing, and dump the rest of the money into camp upgrades that have actual benefits (improved stew, ammo/supply station, fast travel post, etc)