Happy 25th Anniversary to a RPG that defined vidya in general, Final Fantasy VII!

Happy 25th Anniversary to a RPG that defined vidya in general, Final Fantasy VII!

Have any memories with it and it's related games?

Attached: 1643680849228.jpg (1080x1080, 149.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hg3xlQDMzws
youtube.com/watch?v=9WXltx1dFZw
youtu.be/p54qpOUcmjs
youtube.com/watch?v=tRAUBJz2O1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=3vuYMGLtWWc
youtube.com/watch?v=oGx0oXgE6wQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Tifa has been my waifu for those 25 years and now they've ruined her. I no longer have any good memories of the game because they all remind me that she's shit now.

Attached: I'm a widower.png (1076x1052, 630.42K)

built for the italian senate

I was around 9 when it came out.
I'd been mostly a Nintenkid up until that point, but had it not been the Pokemon boom that started ~98, I'd most likely never given FF7 or any other JRPG a try. Realizing that the battles worked the same way, to the point of Potion = healing (yes, baby steps) were eyes opening, and resulted me getting immersed in one of the most atmospheric games ever made.

What's extra sad or hilarious is that the first time I tried playing the game with my buddy, we didn't own a Memory card. Nor did we really understand what Phoenix Downs did, so we often got up to the Shinra's HQ boss fights before hitting a Game Over.
I'd only finish it a couple years later.

Attached: ff7 is corgeous.jpg (1898x1368, 894.17K)

Crisis Core is better than FF7, and I'm tired of pretending it's not.

I actually enjoyed that for a bit because there was a fair amount of OC that didn't have her in her Remake outfit
But now I see people bringing up FF7's 25th Anniversary and barely anyone's excited because no one cares about Remake and all the stuff they're releasing to "celebrate" with is extended Compilation stuff.

Monitoring this thread for 7r criticism to set straight

An okay game that was never as good as the hype it got. But that's what the biggest marketing budget up to that time will do for a game. You can see how its hype was artificial by how its high budget remake is doing.

Nah mate, the game indeed WAS that good and revolutionary.
The de-make is just shit. Not only is it not even a full game, and what is there is an absolute slog, but it's NOT even a remake it was advertised as!

Holy shit get a life

>revolutionary
Only thing revolutionary was it starting the trend of overpriced CG cutscenes. Which is one of the worst things to happen to the game industry. And it wasn't even the first game to do it. Tons of PC games had done cutscenes first.
>b-but muh pre rendered backgrounds!
Other games did it first. Fucking NES games had done variations of it.

All FFVII did was popularize these things. And again, it wasn't a positive for the industry. We're still dealing with most AAA games being movies first and games second.

Holy shit we can't have a civil thread about this game can we?
Post your favorite song out of this GOAT ost
youtube.com/watch?v=Hg3xlQDMzws

Attached: 82b.png (1244x706, 996.02K)

my fav: youtube.com/watch?v=9WXltx1dFZw

>You can see how its hype was artificial by how its high budget remake is doing.
>wow look at the difference in performance of these two COMPLETELY different games that happen to use the same name for marketing, that proves anything at all
you are negative iq user

Ok.
youtu.be/p54qpOUcmjs

Any Forums gets mad: the thread.

Do I really have to pick one?
youtube.com/watch?v=tRAUBJz2O1Q

Obvious
youtube.com/watch?v=3vuYMGLtWWc

Hello, I hate 7 remake
youtube.com/watch?v=oGx0oXgE6wQ
kino

>>wow look at the difference in performance of these two COMPLETELY different games that happen to use the same name for marketing
>that happen to use the same name for marketing
>original guy talking about inflated hype through marketing
The irony that you claim he's the one with negative IQ.

Played it for the first time a year ago. Went in wanting to know what the fuzz was all about, with low expectations thinking it was overrated. It blew my mind, it's easily in my top 10 now.
Happy 25th

Attached: FKaWSzcacAEzVax.png (796x448, 14.59K)

>We're still dealing with most AAA games being movies first and games second.
This had fuckall to do with ff7, you're delusional. ff7 wasn't majority cutscene, in fact it had very little time devoted to cgi out of the entire games length, it was overwhelmingly a gameplay based game. the only times you go more than a couple minutes without getting to do what the fuck you want and run around is like clouds vegetable lifestream coma section. scenes of talking are wrapped up always in a couple of minutes, even if its barret explaining his entire past user.
You want to pick a game to blame for movies then you need to look elsewhere, and realistically from an era later than the ps1 with ease

He literally has negative iq as apparently do you user.
His post is saying, very specifically, remake sucks and isn't the greatest despite its vastly higher budget, this means ff7 was just as shit and only done as well as it did via marketing.
When the reality is sorry, ff7 was actually very good and would have been good without the marketing just the same, whilst remake is shit and will be shit no matter if they tripled the budget they threw at it because they don't know how the fuck to make a good game anymore.

Why was Cid so mean to Shera bros?

Mods you need to sticky this.

>Dresses like a slut
>Punches and kicks things like a badass
>Romantic and delicate musical theme

God Tifa is so perfect