Sonic had a rough transition into 3D

>Sonic had a rough transition into 3D
>Sonic Adventure became critically acclaimed and the best-selling game on the Dreamcast
I don't get it.

Attached: SA1.jpg (1280x1920, 1.17M)

The fanbase is a conflicted hydra. Take no opinions seriously of anyone who has attachment to this franchise.

One reason
>SOVL

Anyone who hates this game only played DX.

Everyone is just echochambering Arin Hansin, who is a fucking moron. He hates on the game for bugs that only exist in DX.

The only good sonic games are:
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sonic 3
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Sonic Mania

Compared to Mario 64 or any of Playstation's platformers at the time the gameplay really sucks

B-but my favorite YouTuber said Sonic Adventure is bad.

Imagine being in the late-90s and stating "Okay this game is a little rough, but feels good to play. Sonic games can only go up from here!"

Worst aged game of all time behind assassins creed

People have been retroactively criticizing the Adventure games since Shadow+06 released, underage.

>Mania
>no CD
Shit taste

>mentioning Mania but not CD
Go back.

Hey now, Advance 1 is good.

The Dreamcast flopped, go figure

soulless garbage with soulless doodoo zones

>Sonic had a rough transition into 3D
Only people who never played SA1 and SA2 parrot this shit. Both games translated well into 3D.

>best-selling game on the Dreamcast
Well theres your problem right there.

charming 6/10 game. Not the best, not the worst

CD is a shit game. It has the worst level design out of all classic Sonic games, somehow even worse than Sonic 1.

It didn't have a rough transition. It had a good transition and then shat the bed along with the rest of Sega.

based classic chad
fuck 3d niggers

Attached: kino.webm (640x480, 2.7M)

Go back to watching YouTube reviewers.

Sonic in 3D is more demanding than other franchises so frontiers may actually be the first true 3D Sonic game

>3d game means le epic open world like botw
go back

>implying that game journos played Sonic Adventure or anything that wasn't Sonic 1 or 2 at a friend's house on the weekend in the 90s
user, you gotta understand...game journos don't play video games

Advance 1 has soul, but I can't say it's a good game when the only challenges you will ever find are boss battles.

I played it myself you fucking nigger.

>I don't get it.
There was a time when Sonic got a pass from most people simply because he was Sonic, so flawed games like SA1 were cherished more for what they did right than what was wrong. Then Soni Team continued to not learn from any of their mistakes for several years and kept pushing the series into a downward spiral, resulting in the character turning into gaming's punching bag. Now nobody really gives a shit anymore because Sonic being mediocre at best is pretty much excepted at this point.

Attached: 1636652063571.png (194x203, 20.95K)

Every gameplay mode that isn't Sonic, which is half the game, sucks ass. It kept being pushed because Sega fanboys were desperate to keep the DC afloat before it crashed then people later picked up the game and realized it sucked.

So since the DX version then

Most sonic games are pretty good actually. Only a few games are truly bad.

I like doing something similar with the Death Egg boss' fingers.

Mario 64 controls and looks like ass though. Sonic Adventure absolutely controls better

I was there for it, people were bitching about the non-sonic stages even back then. adventurefags were constantly deflecting by asking "should sonic stay a one-trick pony?", to which the answer was always "if it's the only trick they're good at, yes.". god, don't let me get started on the SHEER autism of the gamefaqs SA 1 and 2 message boards.

CD is garbage. That's why Sonic 2 and 3 play nothing like it. Also why the Sega CD flopped.

>I can't say it's a good game when the only challenges you will ever find are boss battles
Are you trying to imply that classic Sonic has ever been hard.
Sonic has always been one the easier 90s platformers next to Kirby.

Arin died to fucking chaos 0

06 was so bad it managed to revise history and people now pretend sonic was never good. children parroting the meme who were not even born when this game came out.

No, underage, those criticism were tied more to the haphazard execution of multiple playable characters, pointless focus on mediocre narratives, and unnecessary gameplay gimmicks, nothing to do with bugs.

Sonic 3D Blast
Sonic R
Sonic Xtreme

It's only because of these 3D experiments that Sonic Adventure turned out as good as it did.

I died to chaos 0. I was also eight years old, and bad at videogames in general.
>tfw never beat omega boost final boss until I was I was 19

Attached: 1626587345146.jpg (500x500, 44.01K)

Sonic R is a good game

CD is really not good

Bitch, I got a Genesis and a Dreamcast. No one was talking shit about Sonic Adventure before YouTube.

Yes, that's what I'm implying. Classic Sonic is otherwordly harder when compared to 3D sonic.

>No one was talking shit about Sonic Adventure before YouTube.
you cearly never took part in any of the forums. that, or you were stuck in one of the circlejerk forums that was nannied to hell and back.

>best-selling game on the Dreamcast
Low bar, doesn't mean the game was good.

>Bitch, I got a Genesis and a Dreamcast.
>No one was talking shit about Sonic Adventure before YouTube.
Sounds like you didn't have a PC/internet then. People had been retroactively criticizing elements the Adventure games introduced since Shadow's game at the earliest.