Who is this thing even *for*?

Attached: 1643213945075.jpg (1280x720, 65.36K)

People like me who want a a Switch but without Nintendo and their horse shit.

me

Guy with big dicks. So not OP

I just want to play games in my bed

As someone who really likes the idea and even execution in general I kinda ask myself the same question. It's too big for the western "couch gaming" mainstreamers that play AC on their switch and it's too "mature" for kids that currently play mario also on their switch.
And all the neckbeards and indie lovers either have a notebook or are more stationary (and fat).
So my guess is that a large chunk of the actual user base will be areas that don't have much space for even a "real" notebook setup, so a relatively dedicated desk with a mouse and who do all of their other online stuff on their mobiles. This is very common in Asia for example.

I think I will buy one of these. I often visit friends' houses to spend the whole day drinking, and on those days I need to have some decent games that are easily transportable to play with them. Sometimes we use the Switch but there is very little fun stuff to play on it drunk.
My concern is about how easy/hard it is to plug this shit into any monitor/projector/television.

elden ring fans

>I often visit friends' houses to spend the whole day drinking
That's actually an idea that I myself also had in the other direction.
I often have friends come over, but we are kinda limited to shows, movies, shared screen gaming on a projector.
But playing a game with just one friend would require a "gaming guest pc/notebook" which is kinda around 800$ for something that makes any sense. With the Deck I'd just need a monitor, keyboard and mouse for some games and in theory nothing for others.

But cheaper and more powerful laptops exist.

>cheaper and more powerful laptops exist
You still haven't delivered!

Attached: laptops BTFO.png (1137x403, 28.21K)

me

Attached: 20220124_065503.jpg (2097x1471, 376.19K)

Attached: switch oled.jpg (1920x1080, 152.68K)

Are those actually real? A thing the size of a fingernail has more storage than my Xbox Series X?

Is the steam controller any good?
My wired xbox controllers keep breaking, and I keep them well too.

Attached: 1422162170371-0.gif (250x250, 1.23M)

not at $399 they dont

i have a 512gb micro sd right here, so legit 512's exist, i have one, wasnt cheap though, like $65.

I grew out of handhelds before the PSP, so it doesn't interest me much, and I'd have rather Valve tried a bit harder to corner the VR market, even taking a hit on the sales to get people in initially like Zuckerberg did.
But it's a bit late for that.

I find it an appealing option.
It`s able to do a much larger range of things than the switch.

It has a steep learning curve and it fucks up your muscle memory for other controllers. But I think if you get used to it it is an amazing controller. It is far better than a regular one for precision aiming. That said, I think it's far worse for stuff like ARPGs.

Good for 90% of things.

I find it a bit awkward for 2D platformers. Some people find it great for things like Terraria/Starbound, so it's probably me not liking to use the control stick for 2D platformers.

Attached: tranny-linux-gaming.jpg (1092x912, 149.77K)

fat fucks

You asked this yesterday. It's for people with large Steam libraries.