Why do professional gamers cheat?

what is the point? I cheat in games and lose interest in 5 mins while they do it their whole careers somehow?

Attached: D38E97B2-BABA-47D1-ADFB-1187218F6C23.jpg (1125x812, 454.69K)

Because faggots want their efforts to have results.
>oh no, I spent 5 years playing this game but I dont even hit top 50
>time to splice some videos

"Professional gamers" do not care about videogames. They're driven by an ulterior motive, something external to the games. It makes no difference to them whether they cheat or not.

Attention

Less effort for more money and its not enforced as long as you bring in viewers.

because they look at their goal and their skill level, and think that they SHOULD eventually be able to reach that goal, be it a world record or specific achievement or whatever. But they don't.
Example I've seen often from top players caught cheating: the game just has RNG sections preventing consistency, for instance. So they think
>this is fucking stupid I've been doing hundreds of runs and still haven't gotten it
>I KNOW I can do it, I have other legit WR runs to prove it, but the game just won't let me
>fuck it I'll just splice videos/stream a pre-recorded edited run and hope no one notices
then some autists run a thousand different analysis tools putting the run under the microscope and now the pro gamer is busted

The same reason athletes dope up with performance-enhancing drugs, it brings in the sponsorships which lead to huge mansions, fast cars and luxurious yachts.

because esports is one big racket to begin with

for attention

>professional gamers

Attached: oxxh36d4z4u51.png (327x137, 57.22K)

because being good at something is difficult and uncertain, while also being a requirement to be considered successful at it
these fucks are trying to earn a paycheck on this shit, so of course they're going to eliminate risk

Attention and money.

I feel like being 3rd best in the world is way better than being 1st until you're caught cheating and then nobody will touch you with a 30 ft pole.

Because to keep the audience they need to show their improvement all the time, which is impossible due to biological limit.

>professional
He's just a kid playing with a plastic guitar. Or more like, he's a kid pretending to play with a plastic guitar.

I thought the idea of competition was proving you were the best. Not making people think you're the best.
Valhalla is not for you, friend. You are no man.

You mean money? Yeah money

That and fame

He could've gotten away with labelling them as TAS runs. But like that other user said; Valhalla is not for you.

Because they desperately want to win
/thread
^ this

Because of the pressure of staying on top. Gaming sponsors and teams are notorious for dropping "deadweights", just look at the revolving door that are ASSFAGGOTS teams.

>Never required to play live
>Some faggot posts a bounty to watch some other faggot "play" Dragonforce well
Honestly blame the bounty fags, make these losers play live

Attached: billy.jpg (1069x1883, 616.35K)

What was the outcome of this guy's scandal again?
All I know is he seemed way too mad for someone who didn't cheat.

Imagine paying $1000 to listen to Through The Fire and Flames at 300% speed. Bounty fags are fucking morons man.

>literally every record confirmed fake
>professional
Pick one

Attached: mccal-joy-steampunk-chick-sketch.jpg (1500x2100, 171.38K)

>Hello you absolute faggots

Billy? His entire identity hinged on people knowing that he ruled at a handful of 80s games, and that got taken away from him. Some lawsuit bankrupted a youtube kid who then offed himself. At least he has his vinegary hot sauce

Attached: billmit.jpg (560x303, 25.06K)

Went on a suing tirade, lost the lawsuit against Twin Galaxies, most likely lost the lawsuit against Karl because defamation laws are WAY different in literally every country that isn't America, now lives in a motorhome doing shitty Brazilian mall arcade events where he literally trips walking up stairs. On God, the only thing left for him is death.