How do I get good?

How do I get good?

Attached: 6c338ef56010d630fa2151626899534916845b6ca74240779fd24f87f18df8d5.jpg (1600x740, 244.67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

noita.fandom.com/wiki/Advanced_Guide_To_Wand_Mechanics
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Don't rush
Be aware of your surroundings
Don't be scared to experiment with different wand combos
Make sure to make a note, mental or physical, of different things you find in or about the world and its denizens

don't get hit

basically you just have to die a lot
most of your deaths are your own fault, even though it probably doesn't feel like it. You need to be more careful and maybe go more slowly, but mostly just learn what situations to avoid that'll kill you.

channel your inner autist when making wands
That's the one thing i don't have the patience for
a lot of the skill required for this game can be circumvented by making broken wands

Attached: wand wrap.webm (960x540, 2.74M)

so just filling the whole wand makes it fire faster? what a deep game.

Take your time and explore. Don't rush.
Pay attention to the environment. There's a lot of ways to blow up or squash enemies and they drop more gold.
I use a few small mods to make the game more fun and a bit more forgiving:
Health upgrades glow like wands and potions
Enemies have a small chance to drop a health pickup
Start with edit wands anywhere

Don't rush
Be aware of your surroundings
Don't be scared to experiment with different wand combos
Make sure to make a note, mental or physical, of different things you find in or about the world and its denizens

What do I do if I reach the portal with a lot of health but shit wands? Should I stay and farm monsters for gold or is it better to rush forward and hope to find stronger items in the next level?

no
add light is a modifier, it applies to the next spell cast
but it's at the end of the wand, so it has nothing to add to. Instead, it wraps around to the beginning of the wand, and causes an additional spark bolt trigger to be cast from the beginning of the wand, before the wand needs to recharge. There's a lot of ways to spell wrap like this, using add light is not usually the most common way of doing it.

what other ways can do do it? Also what do the first two spells do that they need to be before the spark bolt?

I now know what to use light for. Cool

Don't rush, and really sit down and tinker with wands. Knowing how different stats and spells interact is how you create your problem solvers.
Knowledge is in fact power in Noita. Obviously you won't have access to the same tools each time, but you need to learn how to make the best wands with what you have.

>tfw the first three levels are always boring as fuck Always a struggle to rush through them.

Attached: 1636408205292.gif (212x187, 2.46M)

Step 1: Get a Water Flask

multicasts are a more common way to do it. If you don't fill a multicast at the end of the wand, it'll wrap back to the beginning and use a spell from there, so long as it's from a different spell block.
it's kind of hard to explain in words exactly how it works, but you can read about it here
noita.fandom.com/wiki/Advanced_Guide_To_Wand_Mechanics

also the first spell is just reduce spread, it makes the spark bolt more accurate. Not really necessary in this case unless the wand has innate spread.

can't you skip an entire "level" by going to the right?

part 1

Attached: death beam.webm (640x360, 2.17M)

part 2

Attached: death beam part 2.webm (640x360, 1.53M)

I was going to ask how you made them not boomerang and kill you, but then I saw part 2

i thought i was safe because orbiting sawblades disappear as soon as the projectile does, i forgot reflection was a thing that might happen